SOLD/EXPIRED Evinrude 15hp 2 stroke

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by TheBrazilNut, Jan 29, 2009.

1. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

1975 Evinrude 15hp 2 stroke. I bought w/boat a little while ago, but I already have a motor. The engine looks pretty clean. New coils and fuel pump installed. Was told it runs great, but I'm not selling until it gets look at my a mechanic.

I wanted to know what this is worth? Any imputs?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Darin

2. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Darin - Are you sure it is a 75? I just sold my 9.9 & it was an 84, looked almost identical.  There should be a soft brass plug on the port rear, on the block with a code written on it.  Post it up here and I'll tell you what year it is.  All in all it should get ~$400.  That is one clean looking motor under the hood.  If you don't sell it soon I may have to come buy it!  :-? :cool: ;D

3. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

I might be interested. Let me know what you want for it as is.

4. B.Lee

B.Lee Well-Known Member

Wow, mine's a '74, and I thought it was clean!

I've seen several on Ebay recently sell for upwards of $700, some were 9.9's, most were late 70's-early 80's models.  

As clean as that one is, Ebay would be the place to go, it should bring top dollar.

5. islander1225

islander1225 Well-Known Member

MAN YOU GUYS ARE GENEROUS I HAD TO SELL A 97 JOHNSON 15HP 2 STROKE FOR 500 LUCKILY A GOOD GUY GOT BUT SHOOT I COULD HAVE GOTTEN 1000 BUCKS FOR MINE IF THIS MOTOR IS WORTH 400 LOL, THE MOTOR DEF IS CLEAN THOUGH VERY CLEAN FOR A 75.

aLEX

6. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

When I looked it up it came back 1975. The boxes the parts came in said up to 92', so maybe not much had changed between those years.
    The Model # 15504c

The Serial # E0004587

Well how about $500 as is

The previous owner said it ran very good, but like I said before I know nothing about them.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested

Thanks,
    Darin

7. B.Lee

B.Lee Well-Known Member

model 15504 is a 1975, http://www.marineengine.com/manuals/evinrude/#e15hp

$500 is a good deal, these motors, when maintained properly, run great forever.

Alex, I told you to stop dropping your price, you gave yours away. In fact, I told you when you got to $600 I'd buy it, you never told me! :(

8. B.Lee

B.Lee Well-Known Member

Great website for these motors too, http://www.sschapterpsa.com/ramblings/Johnson%209.9_15.htm

Good luck with your sale.

9. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

I'm going to have it looked at in the next few days. I'll re-post when I KNOW how it runs.

Darin

10. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Darin, that is a fantastic little motor you have there, make sure to get it looked over. Should not take much to get it up and running.

Will make someone happy down the line for sure.

They don't make 'em like that anymore!

-T

11. B.Lee

B.Lee Well-Known Member

$790 and counting...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Boat-Parts-Accessories-Gear__EVINRUDE-15-HP-OUTBOARD-BOAT-MOTOR-JOHNSON-15HP-NICE_W0QQitemZ180324436146QQadiZ2823QQadnZBoatQ20PartsQ2cQ20AccessoriesQ20Q26Q20GearQQcmdZViewItemQQptZBoat_Parts_Accessories_Gear?hash=item180324436146&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

It's an '84, but the exact same motor. Model year is almost irrelevant after a couple years, it then comes down to how it was maintained.

12. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

I have an '84 8hp all original that was in storage most of it's life. Interesting to see what that ebay auction will close at honestly.

I like the look of these old 'rudes. Classic motors.

-T

13. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Dang it. I let my 84 9.9 go for next to nothing... :(

14. Kemo

Kemo The world is flat....and shallow.

Well, he should be commended for giving it such a good home.  Like he said, it went to a good guy.  Looks good on my highsider.   ;D

Kemo   :cool: