1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
But I thought republicans hated the environment

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
For all of you folks that lean a bit towards the left... Don't pay much attention to all the things that politicians say... Pay attention to what they actually do.
-That goes for both parties by the way...

It does appear that our current governor has his heart in the right place and is actually doing things that need getting done... Must be making the other side a bit crazy....

I haven't been with any political party for many years (James Earl Carter cured me of that foolishness...). Suffice it to say that I'm somewhat to the right of Attila the Hun...

·
Registered
472 Posts
There’s so much petroleum coming out of the old fields now like the Permian Basin there isn’t even close to enough pipeline capacity to get it to market. The deep water GOM is really cheap, the cost per barrel to extract that and market it is well under USA land based fields and not far off from Saudi costs. Good or bad, the USA is now a net hydrocarbon exporter. In the last few years or so, everything has been flipped upside down and the trend is accelerating.

In a perfect world, we would not need to burn so much petroleum or natural gas to power everything and just save those fossil fuels mostly to make carbon fiber boats, poles, rods and other good things.

Anyway, it’s good that they won’t drill in the Everglades. The pressure is off for now, hopefully forever. I’m pretty hopeful we all will find a way to continue to protect wonderful wild spaces and come up with cleaner ways to power all the things that need power.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Here's a cynic's view of that old "oil in the Everglades deal...."

If it had been feasible and highly profitable - we'd have had an established field there years ago... Now if you just owned the land and needed someone to buy it from you - and you had the prospect of oil drilling to get everyone worried again (not the first time this ploy showed its face down here....) you just might be able to get the state to buy from you what no one else would....

Still it does show that the state's heart is in the right place... and for those who think I'm being unduly cynical.... Make a point of reading The Swamp by Grunwald - It will open your eyes a bit about how developers and other speculative types have been bailed out on more than one occasion by our state in the last 100 years....

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Getting the “G” to bail you out of a failed enterprise has been going on since the very beginning of our country.... Just look around a bit and you can find good (or bad...) examples in every state...

Of course it’s just my opinion...

·
Registered
914 Posts
No. The trend I'm referencing comes from years of paying attention.
Thats bull, both sides partake equally. If you took most peoples googler away they couldn't even tell you a river that was polluted from mining in the last 100 years but they will tell you mining ruins rivers.

I always think about my time in the Bakken when I would read about all this anti oil crap, 5,000 acres of armpit tall grass, 1 acre of gravel with a couple derricks, 5,000 more acres of armpit deep grass and 1 acres of gravel with a derrick. Then some person surrounded by 1,000 sq miles of asphalt is going to tell you that Republican pollute because they are OK with the oil industry. I will take my 1/5000 of ground disturbed over the barren wasteland that is LA, New York, Chicago, or San Francisco. All places liberals built houses and gas stations(ok because liberals need gas, just not oil);) all over to make their lives so pretty. All were amazing natural areas at one point now there is nothing left.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
BP just received/renewed contracts to drill in the Bahamas.........story will be continuing..we will see

·
Banned
12,340 Posts
How many of you are in the direct oil and gas industry? Not office workers, I mean in the field every day? I bet most of the people talking shit about it have only read about it. Oil is the blood of the earth, it’s not the bio waste everyone makes it out to be.
Tell me how to make solar panels or any alternative energy without petroleum.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Im smarter then that man, but I can see everything I need to from about 100 yards off.

·
Brandon, FL
10,976 Posts
How many of you are in the direct oil and gas industry? Not office workers, I mean in the field every day? I bet most of the people talking shit about it have only read about it. Oil is the blood of the earth, it’s not the bio waste everyone makes it out to be.
Tell me how to make solar panels or any alternative energy without petroleum.
Let's revisit something for a minute:

There was a guy on here that posted how we should vote in a previous election and was disguised behind an environmental concern. He told everyone that we needed to vote in a particular way to save the environment.

Then he and or his environmental concern joined forces after coming under fire as an environmental terrorist organization. They joined forces with a n outfit called Everglades Foundation. EF is the one who is the owner of this land and the very ones trying to pump oil to the surface,

Paul Tudor Jones is the founder of this organization and he has never cared one bit for the environment. In fact, he was fined a very large sum for the action he took to make his Keys home much more valuable without regards to the environment.

When the guy on here was confronted about his involvement he had literally nothing to say- so as long as PTJ's checks clear, the organization is legit.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts