Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Everglades National Park Vessel Entrance Fees

7840 58
I've recently heard that now, anybody entering the park through maritime boundaries will be required to either pay a weekly entrance fee, or an annual fee. Has anybody heard about this? I thought that you only had to pay if you went through the main entrance to flamingo. How does this affect gulf coast boaters?
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
It’s true. You must now pay to enter the park boundaries, regardless of how you do so. The pass is good for one vessel, so 4 people one pass, 1 person one pass. I was stopped when the rule first became effective and the park ranger was sitting in Chokoloskee pass. First time I’ve been stopped in the pass (coincidence). Seems like a money grab scheme to me. But what do I know, I’m just a tax paying park user.

· Registered
396 Posts
Not like there is any rangers out there on boats checking...
I've been checked before by two rangers on a center console. They seemed pretty surprised that two fly fisherman in a small skiff anchored up in the Harney River had all the required equipment and registration on board. I asked about their job and they said its pretty boring. That day, they had launched at Flamingo, ran north into Hells Bay, over to Shark and back thru Florida Bay. A pretty normal 70 mile day for them they said. Im not seeing anything saying the boater course is required?

· Registered
635 Posts
I'm wondering if the ranger at the Choko ramp is going to be checking too when all the boats pull out.
You will not see a ranger at either of the ramps on Chokoloskee Island. Neither of them are in the park.

All the fisherman and guides running from the Keys to Florida Bay are the ones that will be tough to monitor.

· Registered
50 Posts
Click on boaters education program.

"Get Your Boating Certificate
This course and accompanying certificate is now mandatoryfor nearly everyone* operating a powerboat within the marine waters of the park. Upon successful completion of the course and test, boaters can print out the certificate to carry with them while operating a vessel in the park."

· Registered
495 Posts
I've been checked before by two rangers on a center console. They seemed pretty surprised that two fly fisherman in a small skiff anchored up in the Harney River had all the required equipment and registration on board. I asked about their job and they said its pretty boring. That day, they had launched at Flamingo, ran north into Hells Bay, over to Shark and back thru Florida Bay. A pretty normal 70 mile day for them they said. Im not seeing anything saying the boater course is required?
I dont anchor in rivers... So id be surprised to see a ranger out front s far south as cluett or barnes, let alone venturing away from markers to check. If you put in flamingo maybe, but if you are coming across fishing up front i, wouldnt waste time or money. if youre in rivers where thier boats can get..different story

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You will not see a ranger at either of the ramps on Chokoloskee Island. Neither of them are in the park.

All the fisherman and guides running from the Keys to Florida Bay are the ones that will be tough to monitor.
Interesting you say that, there’s an older ranger who is there pretty frequently when pulling out my boat. He’s usually just asking about what fish we caught and saw and general locations. Maybe he’s just a volunteer and not allowed to ask for more.

· Registered
13 Posts
Can I get into ENP with my lifetime senior pass? Do I have to pay to launch a small boat? I just passed their safety course and got the certificate

· Registered
2021 Hell’s Bay Marquesa being built, 2013 Hell’s Bay Marquesa sold, 2017 Ankona Shadowcast 18
100 Posts
The course is easy it didn’t take long I didn’t read any of the course materials and was able to pass with a 93% one question was a bit tricky could’ve went either way but then that’s the government...

· Registered
1,571 Posts
I never see ranger boats out that way though? I don't even pay at Flamingo because I go by at 3 in the morning. I should probably figure out what Im supposed to d0.

· I Love microskiff.com!
169 Posts
You have to hav ether pass and boaters safety course to go in the park right now. I believe they’re still giving out warning for first timers but after that you have to have it. The lifetime senior pass is good for all parks. There are a couple of ranger boats that are running out of Everglades pretty consistently and have been stopping just about everyone they see to check for passes and safety courses.

· Banned
908 Posts
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.