Ethanol in diesel now? Could this be the next thing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TomFL, Jun 8, 2011.

1. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Palm Beach Post article from this morning:

"Crews from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection are in Belle Glade overseeing the clean up of some 200 gallons of spilled fuel, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue spokesman Capt. Don DeLucia said.

Several fire rescue crews were dispatched to NW 13th Street at W. Canal St. N at 4:36 a.m. where a plan to mix ethanol and diesel in a 2,000 gallon tanker truck went awry, DeLucia said.

Investigators think the mix "wasn't right" and the ethanol ate through a seal and started a leak that released about 200 gallons, DeLucia said. The mixture was foamed down.

If the fuel has seeped into the ground, that will have to be removed from the area, DeLucia said."

2. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

The friggin mix will NEVER be RIGHT !!!

3. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

I know nothing...but now that you brought it up...

http://www.ethanol-information.com/ediesel.php

4. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Boy they make it seem like a good thing........ :eek:

-T

5. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

[movedhere] General Discussion [move by] iMacattack.

6. Gramps

Gramps Living &amp; Dying in 3/4 Time

ULSD is a cleaner diesel than the previous generation but does not have the lubricity of the older blends. Introduce a solvent that will "clean" my injectors further and I'll be screwed. Adding ethanol will cause my truck to eat $500 injectors guaranteed.

7. twitch

twitch Well-Known Member

Alcohol kills diesel injectors. Who do we send the repair bill to if this mix is forced on the general public?