Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I’ve got a 2012 ETEC 60hp, prior to today my motor worked perfectly fine. I was out on the water and shifted into neutral rather quickly and my motor turned off on me. Will crank but will not start, it’s got gas and have tried different batteries.

No codes read on computer, has plenty of spark to start motor, compression is 130 across the board.

Is there any other suggestions. It does not have a kill switch/red lanyard it never has. My mechanic got it to turn over after using starter fluid but it turned off after a few seconds.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Your only choice is to take it to an authorized service center with factory trained techs... They’ll hook that motor up to the correct software for that year /model and use it to find out exactly what’s going on. Every E-Tec motor is radically different than simpler two strokes.... My service provider is SeaPower down in south Miami. Can’t say enough good things about them. I’ve been running E-Tex 90’s since 2005 and I’m on motor #4 now - in hard commercial service. If you’re not in south Florida contact BRP for the dealer nearest you...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys! I’ve got a 2012 ETEC 60hp, prior to today my motor worked perfectly fine. I was out on the water and shifted into neutral rather quickly and my motor turned off on me. Will crank but will not start, it’s got gas and have tried different batteries.

No codes read on computer, has plenty of spark to start motor, compression is 130 across the board.

Is there any other suggestions. It does not have a kill switch/red lanyard it never has. My mechanic got it to turn over after using starter fluid but it turned off after a few seconds.

Thanks in advance.
My 40 Etec did the same thing. Unfortunately it was the emm. Cost me $1400+. Hopefully its not that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts