Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

I Love microskiff.com!
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to celebrate Veterans' Day in the Everglades National Park. Caught the end of the outgoing tide inside one of the river mouths and started the day with a couple of snook. Mike brought a rat red and a chunky grouper to the boat before we ran up river into the backcountry to fish the mangrove shorelines of a couple bays that I like (and to stay out of the S/SW wind that was picking up).

Sky Vertebrate Cloud Crocodile Fish

Snook were plentiful in the back, but none larger than 26". I lost two more brand new MirrOLures to the grove snatchers but had fun landing more than a dozen on a Catch 2000 or Slayer SST's rigged on keel weighted hooks or jigs.

Water Sky Vertebrate Sleeve Fisherman

Water Vertebrate Sky Smile Fisherman

The transition to fall fishing is upon us and I fully expect the fishing to steadily improve as the air temp and humidity moderate and the water temperatures drop. Great time to be in the Glades!

I Love microskiff.com!
We did ok. Ended up with around 7 medium snook and managed to only break two spinning rods, ha鈥.that was a first.
We spent half of the day trying out some new spots and they didn鈥檛 really produce much. It was my first time back down there since the hurricane and it was good to see places in Everglades City / Chokoloskee starting to open up again

Registered
2005 East Cape Gladesman. 2005 Panga Marine 22.
Nice Report 馃憤馃槑 ,isnt that a Goliath Grouper ? They reall need to change the regs on those things that ones a good eating size, the larger ones are said to be tuff and full of Methylmercury......
No that's a Jewfish always has been always will be.

Registered
Juvie jewfish have started staking out some docks I fish. Couple months ago when I caught the first one, I kept telling that "snook" how he didn't get the genes. Instead of heading under the dock to break off he went for deeper water.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts