Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back to Flamingo and the ENP on Sunday. Launched just before first light and ran north to the East Cape area. Slick calm, forecast was for N/NW winds at 6-8. Skies were overcast but mostly sunny. Incoming tide had us starting in several of the creeks up in that area (high was at 8:33 a.m. at East Cape). At this time of year, shrimp are popular forage so we loaded up at Don's and fished live shrimp on jig heads for most of the day, though I did start with plugs and soft plastics. We caught numerous rat reds up to a couple slot size, a few small snook, a few black drum, a few trout, and a couple sheepsheads including one that I think is probably my personal best. I released this one, but in retrospect wish I had invited him home for dinner as we later had to keep a red that would not have survived and a BIG mangrove snapper. Here are a couple of pictures. Overall, a very nice day.
fullsizeoutput_5275.jpeg
20181217_185404.jpg

·
Registered
508 Posts
Good On You.
I was out Saturday and caught 1,000 6 to 10 inch dink Snook. Got one at 29-30" and saw numerous same size or better spook by the boat. Clouds and rain kept us from seeing them. Finally dried off around 1-2 pm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts