Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
5 man hours. Sheer clamp glued and screwed. Stem trimmed. Starting to see some fruits of my labor. The scarfed 17ft board is nice and strong and bent just fine at the scarf between the frames.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
120 man hours estimated thus far. Not all hours recorded here. I not going to be done before our vacation but that is okay. I may never get to build another boat so I am taking my time and enjoying the process.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Got the second layer of plywood epoxyed to the bottom. 3 man hours. I coated each face to be glued with regular epoxy then added and spread a layer of thickened epoxy then attached with #8 1" stainless wood screws.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Wood Plant Gas Tints and shades Building
Wood Asphalt Road surface Automotive exterior Floor

1 layer of 6oz fiberglass on the bottom. 4oz on sides, 4oz xynole on transom. 14 man hours. Worked from 4pm to 6am. Weather was right and my wife was out of town. Once I started I couldn't shop and then I really couldn't stop when I have only one side left to glass. Turned out much better than I thought. No wo sand out imperfections. Add a second 4 oz layer to sides and cover all of hull with xynole 4oz.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi everyone. Name is Jake. I will be building a modified version of Jeff Spiras Endurance fly fishing/ flats boat. My design will have a grab bar and cooler in the center with the traditional skiff interior lay out similar to the boat pictured. The goal is to have a boat around 100-150 (probably going to be more like 200lb unfortunately)pounds that will be transported on my ladder rack. This will give me and my wife the ability to take it on vacations without the issue of space to park a trailer.
Nice

·
Registered
34 Posts
View attachment 201715 View attachment 201716
1 layer of 6oz fiberglass on the bottom. 4oz on sides, 4oz xynole on transom. 14 man hours. Worked from 4pm to 6am. Weather was right and my wife was out of town. Once I started I couldn't shop and then I really couldn't stop when I have only one side left to glass. Turned out much better than I thought. No wo sand out imperfections. Add a second 4 oz layer to sides and cover all of hull with xynole 4oz.
So cool

41 - 52 of 52 Posts