·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wood Flooring Gas Shipping box Carton

A gift from my wife for Christmas. 25 quart. I will make a cushion for it that she will sit on . Boat will be color matched to this on the outside of the hull with a pale grey interior.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Window Plant Wood Building Tree

Wood Rectangle Wood stain Outdoor furniture Plank

Wood Wood stain Office ruler Plank Hardwood

First major mistake found. Frame four is two inches off center in the strong back. No bid deal I will trace our frame 4 from boat #2 and cut the old frame from the keel with a oscillating saw. First mistake of many. I won't let this rain on my parade I'm thankful to have the time and funds to build this.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Chine logs toward stem bowed badly. Thank God for the invention of the power plainer! I will affix the panels to the frames with additional thickened epoxy in an effort to smooth out the edges. I believe it won't affect performance as the slightly concave bend seems to be the forward portion of the boat. The plaining surface and transom portion of the boat is a smooth curvature
Building Wood Plant Window House

Wood Tints and shades Track Landscape Lumber
j
Building Wood Tints and shades Track Railway

Building Table Wood Brickwork Flooring

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Chine logs toward stem bowed badly. Thank God for the invention of the power plainer! I will affix the panels to the frames with additional thickened epoxy in an effort to smooth out the edges. I believe it won't affect performance as the slightly concave bend seems to be the forward portion of the boat. The plaining surface and transom portion of the boat is a smooth curvature View attachment 192340
View attachment 192342 j
View attachment 192341
View attachment 192339
6 man hours

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Scarfed together the sheer clamps. Once again I thank God for the many benefits of the power plainer and for the newly built Lincolnton NC harbor freight franchise and their low price and temporarily effective power tools.
Plant Wood Tree Split-rail fence Land lot
Plant Tree Wood Sawhorse Grass
Plant Wood Grass Saw Tree

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
They are to speck I think. I should have beveled the frames 1/4" on the binding side. Will do that on the sheer clamps. It will be .20 ply with 4oz zynole on the bottom and sides of the hull wich equals 10oz to 15oz fiberglass depending on who you ask. It is more abrasion and puncture resistant than fiberglass. It is similar to Kevlar and has more stretch than glass. Inside the hull will be two layers of 6oz glass. The foam then a deck with two 4oz layers on the underside and zynonl on the top of deck/sole.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts