Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have one and can you comment on it? Is it nicer than a casting platform? Is it bothersome to look around while driving? And how does it compare with like a hybrid from carbon marine? The casting platform with the sides and front bar? Any opinions would be great, Primarily redfish in South Carolina so the casting platform is nice but looking for something to bring Tarpon fishing in the Keys ,the ocean side can get a little dicey sometimes. Just wondering everybody’s opinions.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have both. I fish dirty water a lot so I use the casting platform 95% of the time, I need the extra height. If you fish clean water and don’t need the height then 100% the stool is worth it. If you’re older or fish with older people it helps them stay up on the front longer.

·
Registered
2020 Cayo Boatworks 180
21 Posts
I have both, but majority of days I run the stool. I think it will entirely depend on how you fish, but for me the stool has been great. Makes for a great touchpoint while in rough water, great for fighting tarpon. Useful while fishing off the bow for triple tail as a lean bar. It is slightly more inconvenient than my casting platform while underway, but worth it for me in the end.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts