Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i fish in shallow water,have an 18 foot EC Fury,and when I use my Lowrance Elite Ti 9,i dont know which band to use on my sonar page.I usually am in less than 10 feet of water.which one,low chirp???any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
324 Posts
From what I've read, high band is for deeper water penetration and low gives better definition in shallower waters...
Sure wish the Elite 9 Ti2 would go on sale, the '5' that came on my boat just isn't cutting it.

·
BBA Counselor
6,893 Posts
From what I've read, high band is for deeper water penetration and low gives better definition in shallower waters...
Sure wish the Elite 9 Ti2 would go on sale, the '5' that came on my boat just isn't cutting it.
Bass pro is repeating it's black Friday sale price on them right now. I got one on the first sale. $599, but was $1099 when I first looked at them.

·
Registered
324 Posts
looks like your wish for a sale has come true... this was on the general board today...
https://www.microskiff.com/threads/elite-ti-9-deal.61532/
Yeah, I saw that. If I'm not mistaken, the Elite 9 ti is a little different animal than the newer 9 ti2... the '9 Ti2' monitor is suppose to have improved resolution over the Ti.

Being so new and unfamiliar with skinny waters, I would like to get the N/S FMT chips. FMT are very proud of their chips and if I'm going to spend that kind of coin, I want the extra resolution...cry once. I'd love the Elite 12 Ti2 for these old eyes, but I just can't justify it...and I'm thinking that much monitor would look out of place on such a small skiff.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yeah, I saw that. If I'm not mistaken, the Elite 9 ti is a little different animal than the newer 9 ti2... the '9 Ti2' monitor is suppose to have improved resolution over the Ti.

Being so new and unfamiliar with skinny waters, I would like to get the N/S FMT chips. FMT are very proud of their chips and if I'm going to spend that kind of coin, I want the extra resolution...cry once. I'd love the Elite 12 Ti2 for these old eyes, but I just can't justify it...and I'm thinking that much monitor would look out of place on such a small skiff.
Just a guess, but you’d get over the oddity of it pretty quickly.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I ran my buddies FMT chip for a day on my Go-7 and it was awesome. It looks much better on his 12" Evo, but that wouldn't stop me from buying it for mine.
There goes that cost thing again...

·
Registered
329 Posts
The Ti has an inferior screen vs. the Ti2. FMT looks much better on the Ti2 and looks successively better as you move up in screen size due to the improved resolution. With respect to a larger unit looking out of place, you get used to it within hours and will never go back to a smaller unit after using a larger one. The functional utility and ease of everything is so superior that the size/space concern goes away immediately. 12" is ideal. There is no way I could use a 7". I think its way to small see. Keep in mind a 9" has a lighted screen area that is only 4.25" tall and 8.25" wide. That is not very big. I run a 16" on an 18' boat now and I was used to it right away and the 12 now looks small to me.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,104 Posts

upload_2019-2-23_14-15-4.jpeg

Here is my Elite ti 9 I just got on sale running FMT. I had a 5ti first then a 7ti and ran FMT on both. The extra size definitely makes a difference while running tracks. If you take a look at this picture you’ll see that you can spot bars off this island. I’m sure the extra resolution helps but for me this is all the detail I need. Plus the price was right.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Here's a screen shot of the FMT on my Elite 9 Ti2.

I love it I have a small console on my Superskiff and had to use the Ballzout mount, totally happy with that mount it is super slick and rugged
20190210_180308.jpg
20190210_181604.jpg
Screenshot_20190210-182409_Link.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts