Elite 4

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by tomahawk, May 7, 2015.

1. tomahawk

tomahawk Well-Known Member

I have an Lowrance Elite 4 with the Navionics Gold card. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in it. As far as detail goes it doesn't even show that I'm in the water on some of the smaller rivers around here, even zoomed in all the way. I've never had a combo unit before. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong or expecting too much out of it? In the ICW and bigger water it seems to be fine.
    Thanks

2. pt448

pt448 Well-Known Member

It's probably the card. Standard mapping's e-cards are about the only ones worth anything in Louisiana. All the others will show you running on land all the time. The only maps they have for Florida are the keys though, but hopefully someone who fishes your area can tell you what card has the best maps and is compatible with your unit.

3. tomahawk

Thanks for the info. On the Navionics web app it shows plenty of detail.

If you zoom in on this link you can see the area I'm talking about on the north fork of the St. Lucie River. Plenty of detail there confused as to why it won't show up on my unit.
    http://webapp.navionics.com/

4. pt448

pt448 Well-Known Member

hmm, that is strange. Maybe it's a compatibility issue between the card and the unit, but it seems like those 2 should work together fine. I don't have any hands on experience with these, but I breezed through the manual. Did you go to "chart data" and select "navionics" instead of "lowrance". You could be operating on the base map and not the upgraded chart on the card.

5. tomahawk

Yeah, I did that. I may try a reset on it and see what happens.

6. pt448

pt448 Well-Known Member

If all else fails, turn it off and turn it back on, lol, good luck