Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I fished with paul a few weeks ago. It was blowing 15-25 and gusting higher - my hat actually flew off while wading from a wind gust lol. We saw plenty of fish even in those conditions. I think paul fishes savannah sound almost every day so he knows it very well, but I also got the feeling that some of the fish we were throwing at had been hammered before, They were not easy fish. Saw a couple monster bones as well as some triggers, and a huge mutton.

He was a good guy, I would fish with him again

·
I Love microskiff.com!
474 Posts
I fished with paul a few weeks ago. It was blowing 15-25 and gusting higher - my hat actually flew off while wading from a wind gust lol. We saw plenty of fish even in those conditions. I think paul fishes savannah sound almost every day so he knows it very well, but I also got the feeling that some of the fish we were throwing at had been hammered before, They were not easy fish. Saw a couple monster bones as well as some triggers, and a huge mutton.

Savannah Sound gets hammered so do most of all the other flats that are accessible by car on Eluthera. Used to fish there many many years ago and we pretty well had the island to ourselves for several years back in the day but that gradually started to change and we stopped going there because of the increasing pressure. Used to fish with Wardell in an old wooden skiff but he passed away several years ago, he lived right in Savannah Sound.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

How did you get in touch with him to book a trip?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wasn't able to get in old account (Dan_Earle) so created a new one with my FS forum handle.

Headed over to Eleuthera next Thursday. We have a guide booked for Friday but the family is more interested in reef/offshore. I'm planning on throwing a 7 and 9wt in the bag, a couple reels, leaders and choice flies. We are staying between Gregory Town and Glass Window Bridge with a rental car. Anyone willing to share a few flats to probe for bones if time is limited?

Hoping the guide can key us in to a few things but figured it couldn't hurt to ask for some help here. I fish those Islamorada Shell Key fish pretty frequently, so versed on hard-to-feed fish. Just looking for some opportunities, pressured fish or not. Feel free to PM me rather than posting here.

Happy to exchange info on anything from Marathon to Ft. Lauderdale to Marco on in/nearshore. Have fished Flamingo for 25 years, extensive time spent in Choko, lived in Key Largo a few years and the rest tooling around w the local urban snook/tarpon in Ftl/Miami. If your'e looking to do aa DIY trip to any of those places I have some good maps and guides drawn up for trade. Any help is greatly appreciated guys, thanks!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was there last week. I ended up not getting a guide because Petty wanted 700 for the day and Manex wanted 550 and he wade fishes. As far as diy I did not fish any north of Governor’s Harbor. It was a good trip but if I was going back I would have to take my inflatable paddleboard. If you go south any pm me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Savannah Sound gets hammered so do most of all the other flats that are accessible by car on Eluthera. Used to fish there many many years ago and we pretty well had the island to ourselves for several years back in the day but that gradually started to change and we stopped going there because of the increasing pressure. Used to fish with Wardell in an old wooden skiff but he passed away several years ago, he lived right in Savannah Sound.
My parents fished a few times with Wardell. Back in the 70’s. What a nice man!! Every time they went back to Eleuthera they would fish for bonefish with him. They liked him so much. 💖

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.