Electrical help Orlando

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skinnywater3, Apr 6, 2010.

1. skinnywater3

skinnywater3 Well-Known Member

Heres the deal, I have a golf cart and both sets of lights just recently failed me.. I need to get them back up and running and I'm no good as far as electrical stuff goes.

It something simple 99% its a loose wire somewhere I just cant find it.. I only have 1 battery and 2 switches so you guys who wire your skiffs could probally find it in 5 min.

If anyone wants to help me out I will pay you or put you on some reds in the lagoon. Figured I'd give you guys a chance before I go pay some guy to do a halfazz job.

Im in West Orange county.. I can take pics of my battery if that would help.

Thanks..Chad

2. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

-fuse ??? -'tide

3. skinnywater3

dont think so.. Im to the point that I realized Im going to be paying someone.. so given my forum bros a chance to make some cash.

4. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

both sets at same time?
    fuse..no. -do you have power to the SWITCH ?? maybe ... -'tide

5. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

a simple test light will confirm if its a switch or not, if both lights are out chances are they arent getting juice but once again a simple test light will confirm, check ALL connections and make sure you have a good ground ;) i'm assuming you have already verified whether or not the battery has juice right? :-?

6. hoser3

hoser3 Well-Known Member

First start by checking the fuse. Second take a test light to see if you have power to the switch. If you have no power to the switch trace the main power wire going into the switch back to the battery You may have a bad spot in the wire. Also check the Ground wire going from the lights to the frame of the cart. Most likely it is the main power supply if you have lost both sets.

Feel free to Pm me

Mike

7. Frank_Sebastian

Frank_Sebastian Well-Known Member

The first thing I would check is the power getting through the switch. If it is then check the negative connection to the lights. The negative ground path may be the problem.

Sorry, but did you check the bulbs?

Best regards,
    Frank_S

8. skinnywater3

thanks for the help guys.. I've been trying to figure it out for a while, I've grown too frustrated with it to keep messing with it.

If anyone is in Otown and wants to make some cash money leme know..!

9. orlgheenoer

orlgheenoer Well-Known Member

bring it to the shop