Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I want to add a switch panel to my Gheenoe, and I have one on the way. See the image. My question is, this switch comes with breakers of different amps, each switch having a different amp capacity. My first project is to connect the bilge pump to this switch. How do I know which switch to connect the bilge to where it is connected to the right corresponding breaker?

Thank you!
Electronic device Technology Audio equipment
Electronic device Technology Audio equipment
Product Technology Electronic device

· I Love microskiff.com!
642 Posts
With wiring, you need the device you’re powering (bilge pump in this case) to draw LESS than than the fuse or circuit breaker rating, and the wire powering it needs to be rated for MORE than the fuse or circuit breaker.

Most bilge pumps only draw 2-3.5 amps, so you should be able to use any circuit, but if you run it off the 10 or 15 amp circuits your wiring needs to be stout enough to not get hot before it trips.

I’d plan out other things you’re going to add, then decide. You might be able to switch the breakers out cheaply too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.