Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone still using them in your skiff? I’m repowering, regelcoating, new trailer etc on my 2002 17-8 whip. The old winch was a trac but looking at powerwinch 23rc. The trac is 6’ per minute but powerwinch says 14’ per minute. Or just go to crank? Just easier when by myself if guiding.

·
Registered
12 Posts
While I have no experience with and electric winch was thinking about getting one as I often fish alone and the ramps are not ideal for recovery. Ultimately I am going to go with the 2 speed Fulton F2. Complete overkill but has the grunt if I need it and none of the complications of having to wire something up.

Electric winch is pretty slick though.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
All the info in the world already right here - just do a search on PowerWinch...

I'm in my24th year as a guide and using electric winches always.... -and they're always PowerWinches.... They last for years and years....

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,462 Posts
anyone still using them in your skiff? I’m repowering, regelcoating, new trailer etc on my 2002 17-8 whip. The old winch was a trac but looking at powerwinch 23rc. The trac is 6’ per minute but powerwinch says 14’ per minute. Or just go to crank? Just easier when by myself if guiding.
Just went through this and I've very happy. Here's a link to the thread, but let me know if you have any questions.
https://www.microskiff.com/threads/another-powerwinch-question-issue.59220/#post-524642

1 - 4 of 4 Posts