Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_6498.JPG

Anyone in here own (or used to own, or been on, or know about) this older model skiff? I have a '94 Dolphin Super Skiff that I'll never part with -- just a fantastic little boat -- but my memory is foggy about their Backcountry model (which is no longer offered by Dolphin). 20-odd years ago I fished the deep Glades out of one a few times and I recall really liking the stable ride -- but I had little to compare it to at the time.

I'm helping my nephew look for a used skiff and these older hulls pop up on occasion. I'm wondering: are they well built (like most older Dolphin hulls)? Any known issues? Hull speed, poling draft, stability in corners, wet or dry in chop, etc? Would appreciate any useful (and especially firsthand) input. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 100532

Anyone in here own (or used to own, or been on, or know about) this older model skiff? I have a '94 Dolphin Super Skiff that I'll never part with -- just a fantastic little boat -- but my memory is foggy about their Backcountry model (which is no longer offered by Dolphin). 20-odd years ago I fished the deep Glades out of one a few times and I recall really liking the stable ride -- but I had little to compare it to at the time.

I'm helping my nephew look for a used skiff and these older hulls pop up on occasion. I'm wondering: are they well built (like most older Dolphin hulls)? Any known issues? Hull speed, poling draft, stability in corners, wet or dry in chop, etc? Would appreciate any useful (and especially firsthand) input. Thanks.

I have a 16' backcountry for sale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts