Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new Edge Rod in December and still have not received it. This is the company that I think was started by Gary Loomis (North Fork Composites). Anyway, just wondering if any other members have ordered new rods from them and if so, how long it took to fulfill the order.

·
Registered
730 Posts
North Fork Composites are nortoriously late on all orders and often months behind no matter what they tell you. In the rod building industry there are plenty of pissed off rod builders out there because of this. Hope they get it resolved and to you soon.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,283 Posts
Have you spoken with Steve Pitcock since then or did you come straight to the forum before trying to contact them?
I can call him for you tomorrow if you need someone to get answers for you. Here’s the number, ask for Steve, tell him you spoke to Mac.
1 (360) 225-2211

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,283 Posts
North Fork Composites are nortoriously late on all orders and often months behind no matter what they tell you. In the rod building industry there are plenty of pissed off rod builders out there because of this. Hope they get it resolved and to you soon.
Probably because their blanks are rolled in the USA made to order, not at some Asian sweat shop and shipped over here by the thousands.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Probably because their blanks are rolled in the USA made to order, not at some Asian sweat shop and shipped over here by the thousands.
Make any excuse you want. There are plenty of USA made rods and blanks that deliver on orders in a very timely fashion. NFC is not one of them.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,095 Posts
I ordered one and it seems like it took two weeks to get it. That was in the fall. I'm glad this was posted so I know not to order another.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,283 Posts
Have any of you that ordered tried calling? I post the number, ask for Steve Pitcock when you get a chance. I order rod blanks from them all the time, there are about 50 right here behind me.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I ordered December 6 and received both rods January 18. When I ordered I was told 4-6 wks but they said sometimes takes longer. I explained I needed them for a trip beginning of February. I sent an email inquiring as to the progess mid February and they responded no problem.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you. I will give him a call. Yes, I have sent several email messages and left at least 4 phone voice messages. Yesterday I was told via email that I would have a status update by EOD. Never heard back. And, just to be clear, this is an Edge Rod I have ordered, not a blank from North Fork Composites, though I guess the companies are sisters.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,095 Posts
Yeah, considering the Amazon Effect it seems like it, but I didn't mean it that way. Contrast between then and now.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,283 Posts
Thank you. I will give him a call. Yes, I have sent several email messages and left at least 4 phone voice messages. Yesterday I was told via email that I would have a status update by EOD. Never heard back. And, just to be clear, this is an Edge Rod I have ordered, not a blank from North Fork Composites, though I guess the companies are sisters.
They are the same company Edge was already around when Gary Loomis partnered with them and started Northfork Composites. Those Edge fly rods are built on Northfork blanks. I am familiar with the fly rods, I am ordering some blanks, grips, seats and guides from them to build my own soon.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Smackdaddy 53: Mac, I tried to connect with Steve Pitcock. The number you provided (thank you!) is a general number (dial 1 for sales, 2 for order status, etc.). I hit 0 as instructed for "all other calls". The response? "Sorry, the mailbox of the person you are calling is full". On 3/6 I was told by a CSR that she would have an answer about my order "one way or the other" by end of day. Later that day, I received an email message from her saying that she "checked on your order this morning and we currently do not have this rod in inventory. I will continue to watch for it to come out of the finishing room, and when it does I will pull it to be shipped to you.". At this point, my inclination is to request a refund on my order. Hopefully others have had better experiences and hopefully the rods are high enough quality to be worth the wait, but at this point I cannot imagine that's the case.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Thanks for the post DB I know who I will never order a rod from sounds like poor customer service hopefully everything works out for you and you get your rod or a refund.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here we are at the end of March--still no rod. So today I filed a complaint with PayPal. They will notify North Fork Composites, who then has 10 days to respond with a tracking number for the rod that I ordered. If not, they will pull the money from their account and I'll get it back on April 2. I would advise against doing business with this company.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Here we are at the end of March--still no rod. So today I filed a complaint with PayPal. They will notify North Fork Composites, who then has 10 days to respond with a tracking number for the rod that I ordered. If not, they will pull the money from their account and I'll get it back on April 2. I would advise against doing business with this company.
What a shame sounds like very poor customer service/ communication.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts