Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my first trip to the Econfina River which is located in the Big Bend area of Florida and I will be going back. I fished the tidal creeks that were to the north and south of the mouth of the Econfina. The best bait for me was a paddle tail jig and had steady action with reds and trout both days I fished. Being that the area is remote its pristine state has been preserved and the 3 mile trip out to the Gulf from the boat ramp was a treat in itself. Econfina State park has an excellent dock and boat ramp to launch from. The whole time I fished the area I did not see another boat.

·
Panhandler
2,716 Posts
You're very, very fortunate to escape with your life. The Chinese virus is sweeping the region and red tide, algal blooms have decimated every single game fish within 300 miles. It's best to never return again and tell everyone else to stay away 'cause they're building a Wal-Mart and Starbucks just up from the ramp and the campground fees have been waived for all damn Yankees.

·
Wish'n I was Fish'n!
2,643 Posts
Never underestimate the power of media. Nothing stays serene and reports that include specific locations will kill it in no time. I’ve seen it many times in my home waters. Glad you caught fish.
Agreed.

Ironically the stench and water pollution caused by the pulp mill at Perry kept developers away for years. Now that pulping processes have been improved and effluent relocated offshore that area has greatly improved. Although without a 2 million dollar mosquito control budget like Citrus County, Florida it would still be hard to live there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Now that you've posted videos of your face and boat, I would be hesitant to return. The area may seem "pristine" and "preserved" but it is really just all brush cover for the attack bald eagles, fuel line chompin' gators, and the limestone rocks that move every full moon. Glad you got your one trip in, but I'd recommend most people to avoid that area completely.

There's a reason you didn't see many, if any, boats around there... :eek:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Why y'all want to go and talk bout my good fishing spots?? :( Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D
Been catchin trout and from the Aucilla/Econfina area since 1981 and you are right, most tidal creeks are empty this time of year! Heads up guys and gals, don't bring some fancy flats boat up here as it will get eaten alive by all the rocks and oyster bars!!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Why y'all want to go and talk bout my good fishing spots?? :( Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D
Been catchin trout and from the Aucilla/Econfina area since 1981 and you are right, most tidal creeks are empty this time of year! Heads up guys and gals, don't bring some fancy flats boat up here as it will get eaten alive by all the rocks and oyster bars!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First I want to apologize to anyone that I gave away their secret spot. Unfortunately no one responded to my original request to send me their secret spots ahead of me publishing this video so I could remove them. So I will ask again, please send me any and all secret spots with GPS numbers you have in the State of Florida (or any place on earth other than Antarctica - don't like cold) and I will not include them in any future videos. Even with a map this place is not easy to get to with its remote location from civilization plus as mentioned in previous posts, if you don't pay attention when you get out of the channel the limestone rocks will eat your hull and lower unit and the zombie manatees I left behind will feast on your flesh. I just hope that the few people who make it through the "fuel line chomping gators" and "attack eagles" treat this beautiful area with respect.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
First I want to apologize to anyone that I gave away their secret spot. Unfortunately no one responded to my original request to send me their secret spots ahead of me publishing this video so I could remove them. So I will ask again, please send me any and all secret spots with GPS numbers you have in the State of Florida (or any place on earth other than Antarctica - don't like cold) and I will not include them in any future videos. Even with a map this place is not easy to get to with its remote location from civilization plus as mentioned in previous posts, if you don't pay attention when you get out of the channel the limestone rocks will eat your hull and lower unit and the zombie manatees I left behind will feast on your flesh. I just hope that the few people who make it through the "fuel line chomping gators" and "attack eagles" treat this beautiful area with respect.
See I just think about posting my honey hole on here and some googan is hauling ass to potlick my spot while I’m at work!
702E6D34-5EDF-43A0-B9DD-7C71761855E5.jpeg

1 - 20 of 48 Posts