Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

681 - 700 of 703 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
So if the accessories wont be up until mid October and that will be before production... us early orders are looking like Nov/Dec?
We start building late October as planned. We can build 40 a week before going to a second shift. Once we get mold done, and it pops the first part ,and we “season” it for production, it will be full bore go time!😁
There’s a lot going on behind the scenes to get things in order.😉

·
Registered
354 Posts
Nice thats what I like to hear, might be killing ducks from mine this season after all

·
Registered
354 Posts
bumping this back up for an update from East Cape

·
Registered
287 Posts
Copied from their FB page yesterday.

Update:
Mold is near finish line as scheduled. Next step is head to molders for detail and popping the first few units to make sure all is correct and perfect. Production is still planned for end of month. And we will show pics as we mince along...
We will post pics of the current phase
On the mold and you will be able to see the detail on the side scupper portion too!
Getting pumped btw!!!!
Thank you all for your patience and good times ahead.

·
Registered
354 Posts
cool thank you, I dont have FB so miss some stuff I guess

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just saw a video... looks like may get to see one here very shortly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure i get why they wen't with that deck config over a simpler flat surface with less to catch line/trip/clean over.

edit: still looks dope tho. not trashing them

·
I Love microskiff.com!
39 Posts
Excited to be getting close. I found a deal on a Suzuki 2.5 today. Glad to have the motor squared away since these small outboards seems to be hard to find lately.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
They make a lot of fly fishing skiffs, I bet they thought this design out and have an answer for that. Im guessing hatches that cover some of it or something.
I hope the hatch covers come with it if that’s their thinking. As it sits that thing is going to a nightmare to move around in landing fish.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Please note front and rear deck isn’t installed and action model is 6’ plus and 260lbs...
😎
Notice the scale of the SKANU as it has 23% more surface area toward the rear than our composite prototype. Float higher, self bailing, and more stable, all while stalking the shallows or crossing water. We will post more in the coming week as well.

·
Registered
2019 Jackson Mayfly, 2018 Jackson Kilroy DT
366 Posts
View attachment 158156
Please note front and rear deck isn’t installed and action model is 6’ plus and 260lbs...
😎
Notice the scale of the SKANU as it has 23% more surface area toward the rear than our composite prototype. Float higher, self bailing, and more stable, all while stalking the shallows or crossing water. We will post more in the coming week as well.
Thanks for the update! Looks like quite a few members are really anxious to see how the SKANU turns out!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,134 Posts
Congrats on the progress and price point to hit, I’m sure it will go over well but damn the original was way sexier.

·
Registered
38 Posts
View attachment 158156
😎
What is the HP rating and when can I order one?

681 - 700 of 703 Posts