Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

641 - 660 of 703 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
165 Posts
Hopefully, when you see it rigged and on the flats, you will change your mind on the look/function? Excited to see a personal dream/goal happen!
Man I su
Hopefully, when you see it rigged and on the flats, you will change your mind on the look/function? Excited to see a personal dream/goal happen!
man I support y’all and everything you do in the skiff world , lots of respect . Keep pushing the envelope !

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will be using a utility trailer with horizontal supporters to transport my Skanu. (Can’t rationalize another trailer out back.) There are some ramps I will be accessing that are just not worth the hassle of backing down amidst the frenzy of boats, so Ive been looking into dolly options. With the Skanu being 130lbs, it can be moved a reasonable distance via dolly. Rather than some traditional yak dollies, I’d like to throw these beachmaster wheels on there...provided the transom is sturdy enough/or I can back it with some star board,. They are pricier($245) than the plastic ones from west marine, but they are removable and sure do look solid. Beachmaster wheels USA store Canada store

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I will be using a utility trailer with horizontal supporters to transport my Skanu. (Can’t rationalize another trailer out back.) There are some ramps I will be accessing that are just not worth the hassle of backing down amidst the frenzy of boats, so Ive been looking into dolly options. With the Skanu being 130lbs, it can be moved a reasonable distance via dolly. Rather than some traditional yak dollies, I’d like to throw these beachmaster wheels on there...provided the transom is sturdy enough/or I can back it with some star board,. They are pricier($245) than the plastic ones from west marine, but they are removable and sure do look solid. Beachmaster wheels USA store Canada store
Check out the boondocks landing gear. I put those on a l2fish and they worked well.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
590 Posts
I’m excited to see these things getting rigged out. I said it earlier, but unless you have particular circumstances like living on a canal and having a 1-2 mile run out to the bay, I’d skip the outboard and just run a trolling motor. Drive the thing in your truck/trailer and put in where you want to fish, you aren’t limited to normal ramps.

A 55 lb thrust should push the thing around 4.5 mph and will run all day on a single deep cycle battery. Add a power pole micro, cooler, fish finder, and that’s it.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
590 Posts
Apparently I missed the last few pages where they posted the specs, it is less interesting now. I figured there was no way they were coming in at 80 lb, sub $1,000 but even at 100 lbs, $1,400 it would have been reasonable.

With its current numbers, I can see it being great for people on canals or with floating docks, but not so much a “throw it in the truck bed, carry it across a field and down a slope of rip rap to launch in a tidal creek.”

Unfortunately, it’s now heavy enough that most people are going to take the majority of the stuff off of it and carry it separately, which sucks. I know because of done it for years!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Apparently I missed the last few pages where they posted the specs, it is less interesting now. I figured there was no way they were coming in at 80 lb, sub $1,000 but even at 100 lbs, $1,400 it would have been reasonable.

With its current numbers, I can see it being great for people on canals or with floating docks, but not so much a “throw it in the truck bed, carry it across a field and down a slope of rip rap to launch in a tidal creek.”

Unfortunately, it’s now heavy enough that most people are going to take the majority of the stuff off of it and carry it separately, which sucks. I know because of done it for years!
It’s still toss able in A truck bed and to be dragged around. We kept in the states for manufacturing and made improvements which made the cost go up. Went heavier on the thickness as 99 or 128 feel the same but much different in durability...
Also we will show/offer many different ways to transport and rig the SKANU.
paddle-boards cost More than this so I’m sorry about the price.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,655 Posts
It’s still toss able in A truck bed and to be dragged around. We kept in the states for manufacturing and made improvements which made the cost go up. Went heavier on the thickness as 99 or 128 feel the same but much different in durability...
View attachment 152472 View attachment 152473
This is a thing of beauty.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
39 Posts
Just to confirm we need a 15” shaft motor correct? I’ve been thinking about going ahead and ordering mine since there seems to be a long lead time on outboards right now.

·
Registered
596 Posts
View attachment 152472 View attachment 152473
Is that that final production version?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yea that works I dont have facebook or whatever so rely on the info here

641 - 660 of 703 Posts