Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

621 - 640 of 643 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
33 Posts
That air cooled Honda 2.5 is really loud.
I heard that in some reviews. It’s tough to tell volume/noise level in review videos. I want to try to find one in person and see how bad it really is. The sailboat guys really seem to like them.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I believe it’s because the Honda is air cooled, but I have no clue as to the engineering that causes the noise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Honda 2hp is a single cylinder and what makes it so noisy is that it has an above water exhaust. All of their other engines larger than 2hp have a below water exhaust & thus are quieter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Would anyone consider the Torqeedo outboard? They're more expensive and would limit the range but for someone that doesn't need to make long runs it could be something to consider. The Travel 3hp version has my interest if/when I decide to pick up a Skanu.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,025 Posts
Would anyone consider the Torqeedo outboard? They're more expensive and would limit the range but for someone that doesn't need to make long runs it could be something to consider. The Travel 3hp version has my interest if/when I decide to pick up a Skanu.
I've been playing with Torqueedo outboards on and off since they came out. I think it would be a perfect fit for the Skanu. They are really quiet and since the Skanu is so light and easily driven, I bet it would run a long time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the idea, but for the money, it just doesn't seem worth it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’ve been looking at the epropulsion electric 3hp but would have to get the extra battery for a total of 3k....yikes...

621 - 640 of 643 Posts