Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the old wooden under gunnel rod holders on the older gladesmens? Mine are rotted out and looking for an alternative.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,514 Posts
Has anyone replaced the old wooden under gunnel rod holders on the older gladesmens? Mine are rotted out and looking for an alternative.
I had some sweet ones made by Anytide. They will screw to a prices of phenolic board which will be glued to the underside of gunnels. I customer drafted them to fit the gman, so I can send you a .pdf template that Anytide can use of you like them. Ill post pictures tomorrow when I get back to my laptop.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had some sweet ones made by Anytide. They will screw to a prices of phenolic board which will be glued to the underside of gunnels. I customer drafted them to fit the gman, so I can send you a .pdf template that Anytide can use of you like them. Ill post pictures tomorrow when I get back to my laptop.
Okay that would be awesome if you can! Thanks

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,514 Posts
W

what size phenolic board did you use?
3/8" I believe. You could also use 1/2", but I wouldn't go any thinner than 3/8".

I didn't use a whole lot of thickened epoxy to glue the phenolic base to the gunnel...just a small dab on each corner of the phenolic.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
3/8" I believe. You could also use 1/2", but I wouldn't go any thinner than 3/8".

I didn't use a whole lot of thickened epoxy to glue the phenolic base to the gunnel...just a small dab on each corner of the phenolic.
Okay and you just cut it to size?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,514 Posts
Okay and you just cut it to size?
Yep. Cut 4 pcs of phenolic the same size as the rod holder base. Before you install anything, line the pcs of phenolic up with teh rod holder bases and mark the holes. Then, drill pilot holes in all the phenolic pcs before gluing the phenolic to the gunnels. Then, just use some stainless crews (I think I used #8's...maybe #10's) and crew the holders to the glued-on bases.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep. Cut 4 pcs of phenolic the same size as the rod holder base. Before you install anything, line the pcs of phenolic up with teh rod holder bases and mark the holes. Then, drill pilot holes in all the phenolic pcs before gluing the phenolic to the gunnels. Then, just use some stainless crews (I think I used #8's...maybe #10's) and crew the holders to the glued-on bases.
Did you cut out the rigging tubes under the cap?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,514 Posts
Did you cut out the rigging tubes under the cap?
Ahhhhh...yes, I forgot about those. Yeah I had removed them when I did my restoration. I used a dremel with a zip bit to cut each of the little fiberglass tabs that hold them in. If you don't have a dremel, U can just put the zip bit in a high speed drill and get it done.
Since, I removed the rigging tubes, I glued some cable ties ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DFZREGK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) to the underside of the gunnels and zip tied my fuel line under the port gunnel, and my wiring (only the bow light) on the strbrd gunnel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts