Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got an East Cape Fury with a 60 Etec. What prop are you all using who have this combo? I’m getting about 31-32 mph top end solo. Maybe 30 mph top end with 2 x 200 pound anglers...at best. Current prop is a 3 blade with some decent cupping...no clue on the size/pitch.

One nice thing is I can run super skinny...prop never ventilates. But would love a little better performance. Not sure if what to stand to gain is worth losing some shallow running capabilities.

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks in advance for the info!

·
The redfish whisperer!
510 Posts
Unfortunately that seems to be about the typical speed with a 60 etec on a fury. 30-32 mph is right on par. I just repowered my fury last week with a new 90 etec. I am still playing with props but his 40mph today with a 19p viper. I had to put the tabs down more which slowed me down to 38.5 but the holeshot is great still. I have a 21p on the way. I'll see how that goes. I had a 60 etec previously on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have run my original Suz prop, PowerTech prop and just picked up, installed and sea trialed my Jack Foreman prop. Without a doubt the Jack Foreman 3bl - 12.5" x 14xxx cup prop has exceeded all the rest. I was in the marsh in skinny water yesterday and could get a hole shot and get on top in 1/2 boat length. No comparison to the other props I have run. On top and going across the bay, I ran 5100-5200 rpms with SOG of 30. I had plenty of throttle left but this seemed to be the sweet spot. I will admit I lost a couple of mpg on the top end but running 30 and fishing where I do, I don't need those couple of mph. This is the best performing prop for my EC Fury w/a Suz 60.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts