Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone? Finally pulled the trigger and got on the build list for an EvoX back in November. I'm hoping to get the call in the next month or two. Here is what I've got so far:
  • Evo X w/ 60 HP Suziki
  • Aluminum Trailer Upgrade w/ Removable Tongue
  • 20ish Gallon Fuel Tank
  • Seafoam Color (TBD) w/ White Deck
  • Awlgrip Package
  • Blackout Package?
  • Black Rubber Rubrail
  • Permanent Seat Cushion- White w/ Black Piping
  • Atlas Jackplate
  • Pop-up Cleat on Bow
  • Center Console (no jump seat) w/ flush mount Simrad 7 No grab bars
  • Hook-Pull on Console
  • Glovebox Set-up on Console
  • 2 Cupholders on top of Console
  • 3 Under Gunnel Rod Holders (each side)
  • Under Gunnel Seadeck
  • 3 Welded Rod Holders on Console
  • Under Gunnel LED (blue)
  • Under Platform LED (blue)
  • V-Marine Push-pole Holders
  • V-Marine Push-pole Caddy
  • 1 Welded Rod Holder on Platform
  • 24v Trolling Motor Package w/ Quick Release Set-up
  • 3-Bank Battery Charger
  • Spring Hatches w/ Hydraulic on Live Well

Any comments on the value of running two simrad 7's as opposed to one 7 or 9?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on any good speaker set-ups?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to sharing some pictures

·
Registered
324 Posts
From what I've read, the general consensus is that the 9" monitor is the minimum for pixel clarity in adverse lighting conditions. With younger eyes, YMMV.
Personally, I'm thinking of going with the Lorance 9 Ti2... it's suppose to have an improved monitor clarity over their last offering, and coupled with FMT it's said to be the best at the price point. I'm still trying to justify the Ti2 12 inch's jump of 1K in price for way more pixels and the clarity for older eyes. Good luck and congrats on the build.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I've read, the general consensus is that the 9" monitor is the minimum for pixel clarity in adverse lighting conditions. With younger eyes, YMMV.
Personally, I'm thinking of going with the Lorance 9 Ti2... it's suppose to have an improved monitor clarity over their last offering, and coupled with FMT it's said to be the best at the price point. I'm still trying to justify the Ti2 12 inch's jump of 1K in price for way more pixels and the clarity for older eyes. Good luck and congrats on the build.
Thank you. I like the buttons on the Lorance unit but I like the clean look of the Simrad haha. Hard to justify the increase in price for just 2" of screen on the 9" though. I've also heard there are some issues with screen visibility on the flush mount since you can't adjust them but again, the clean look of the flush mount is nice haha

·
Registered
150 Posts
I
Thank you. I like the buttons on the Lorance unit but I like the clean look of the Simrad haha. Hard to justify the increase in price for just 2" of screen on the 9" though. I've also heard there are some issues with screen visibility on the flush mount since you can't adjust them but again, the clean look of the flush mount is nice haha
I’m next in line for my evo build to start , I went with the flush mount 9” to run the FMT chip . Had chip on last boat and 7” screen worked but was a bit small at times .

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I think a 9" screen is about the best size. Sure a 12 would be awesome but the extra cost doesn't seem warranted. As for the Simrad I strongly suggest you go with an evo and not the go version. The rotary dial is way better imo.

Your build sounds sweet....looking forward to pictures and watching her come together!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I

I’m next in line for my evo build to start , I went with the flush mount 9” to run the FMT chip . Had chip on last boat and 7” screen worked but was a bit small at times .

That's awesome. Congratulations. Hopefully that means I'm coming up soon haha. I think I'm gonna cough up the extra cash for the 9"

·
Registered
150 Posts
That's awesome. Congratulations. Hopefully that means I'm coming up soon haha. I think I'm gonna cough up the extra cash for the 9"
I think it’s worth it , and you can get the nmea cable connections so you can access engine data on the unit also for around $150.00. Good backup and gives you more data then the standard Suzuki tach unit .

·
Lip Ripper
1,715 Posts
Any comments on the value of running two simrad 7's as opposed to one 7 or 9?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on any good speaker set-ups?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to sharing some pictures
Sounds like an awesome build. I’m not in the camp of needing bigger and more simrads. I have 1 simrad GO7xse with navionics platinum plus. I have all of my engine data going to my simrad and when I’m running I have speed, deapth, rpm, water temp, and fuel used on the right side column of the Chart screen. I really never go off of that screen. It’s plenty big enough for me to see where I’m running in the tight creeks here in Charleston. For the most part you’re not going to be starring at the screen while running, it’ll be quick looks while running.

I have the wetsounds speakers with an amp and a BT receiver controlled with just a switch. It’s a great setup for running and sandbar days.

Good luck with the build, I love my skiff and I know you will too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like an awesome build. I’m not in the camp of needing bigger and more simrads. I have 1 simrad GO7xse with navionics platinum plus. I have all of my engine data going to my simrad and when I’m running I have speed, deapth, rpm, water temp, and fuel used on the right side column of the Chart screen. I really never go off of that screen. It’s plenty big enough for me to see where I’m running in the tight creeks here in Charleston. For the most part you’re not going to be starring at the screen while running, it’ll be quick looks while running.

I have the wetsounds speakers with an amp and a BT receiver controlled with just a switch. It’s a great setup for running and sandbar days.

Good luck with the build, I love my skiff and I know you will too.
Thanks for the input. I guess I'll just have to decide what I'd rather spend the money on. Beautiful skiff by the way! I decided to switch from the Fury after seeing your build

1 - 10 of 10 Posts