Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

East Cape building a drift boat/stream skiff?

7561 Views 153 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  csnaspuck
Just saw this on Instagram

Publication Font Poster Advertising Book cover
21 - 40 of 154 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
There are three boat styles that always make me do a double take:
  • Classic Sportfishermen
  • Low profile flats boats
  • Drift boats

I can watch a thousand bass rigs go by and yawn, and bay boats just aren't sexy, but if any of those three are visible from the road while I'm driving, I become a road hazard rubber necker.

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

· Registered
2022 East Cape Hybrid 25 2012 East Cape Caimen
710 Posts
and bay boats just aren't sexy
I was with you through most of that. 🤨😉

Water Cloud Sky Boat Watercraft

The new design is very cool, and quite different from anything else available. It’s going to turn heads.

The performance is a whole different thing. Kevin took a skiff builder’s approach to this design, and we applied the latest in composite technology.

it is unique by every measure.

· Registered
36 Posts
if you don’t already, follow us on social media. We have a few very experienced guides testing this model with great feedback. It will be available for guides soon.

It is a very cool concept.

Renegade… you sold your Towee? I’m running behind the times…

Any idea if these driftboats have been down the Hiwassee or any of the other East TN rivers yet? If you are sworn to secrecy, I understand.

· Registered
5 Posts
Renegade… you sold your Towee? I’m running behind the times…

Any idea if these driftboats have been down the Hiwassee or any of the other East TN rivers yet? If you are sworn to secrecy, I understand.
After the debut at the Atlanta Fly Fishing Show it will be going directly to NC and Tennessee. It will see time on the Watauga and Tuck with some of the areas guides. Then back to Florida at East Cape. As the show gets closer, keep an eye on social media for a peek and then a full walk around and features from the show.

· Registered
698 Posts
After the debut at the Atlanta Fly Fishing Show it will be going directly to NC and Tennessee. It will see time on the Watauga and Tuck with some of the areas guides. Then back to Florida at East Cape. As the show gets closer, keep an eye on social media for a peek and then a full walk around and features from the show.
I'd love to get my oars on that boat if it can come to Middle Tennessee. Lots of time on oars and paddles from NC to ID. (Not sure that we can have a discussion here because you are new to the forum) I sent contact info to Renegade if you can get it from him.

· Registered
2019 Salt Marsh Heron 16
599 Posts
Kevin…I have a cabin on the Tuck DH and own two driftboats…and built one. I’ve been rowing for more years than I can count. I say that to say this….hit me up when you’re in the area. I’d love to see the boat…heck I’ll give you an honest evaluation if you want. We have five breweries within a few miles of my place. First round is on me.

Amost 20 years it’s apparent we are a boat company focused on fishing...
This new offering is another example of us staying true to our roots. Big or small we have shown we do it all. A lot of new stuff coming for us as a company and for those areas we plan to target.
~ Kevin

View attachment 229342

· Registered
710 Posts
Kevin…I have a cabin on the Tuck DH and own two driftboats…and built one. I’ve been rowing for more years than I can count. I say that to say this….hit me up when you’re in the area. I’d love to see the boat…heck I’ll give you an honest evaluation if you want. We have five breweries within a few miles of my place. First round is on me.
Blue liner is Dennis M. Dennis is our regional sales rep for the eastern mountain area. The Drift is Denny’s baby.

When he is ready with it, he will be the man to connect with.

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
This new offering is another example of us staying true to our roots. Big or small we have shown we do it all. A lot of new stuff coming for us as a company and for those areas we plan to target.
~ Kevin

View attachment 229342
Looks pretty sexy!

· Registered
710 Posts
Renegade/East Cape

Thinking back on my time on the James River - What kind of durability does this thing have when it comes to rocky ledges? Or is this going to be for calmer waters?
Game changer in terms of durability. Example content coming soon.

Reactions: Maverick MA

· Registered
36 Posts
~ Kevin

View attachment 229342
It'd be fun to get on the sticks of that one...

· Registered
710 Posts
Soon!

For everyone interested in checking out the DRIFT, I'd encourage you to visit the Atlanta Hatch show the first weekend of February. Otherwise, shoot @Blue liner a message and get on his list. We will have several demo opportunities through the spring and summer, as well as some guided opportunities in the NC area.

You can always reach out to me as well, but Denny (Blue Liner) is our point of sale on this model.

Media release with full description is coming soon!

EDITED to add: I have a rep, Mark Benson, (yes, the Mark Benson) for the DRIFT, west of the Mississippi as well. If you are interested, and are in that area, reach out to me and I will connect you.

Reactions: East Cape

· Registered
273 Posts
Does anyone have a HP rating on it? 😂
I don't think you can fit a horse on it, but I've been wrong before. I've seen plenty of these things with donkey's on 'em, but that's a completely different animal. But, I got twenty bucks that within a year, some ******* is going to hang an old 200 merc on it to see if they can live to tell the story. Keep an eye on youtube. . . .

· Registered
710 Posts
Soon!

For everyone interested in checking the DRIFT, I'd encourage you to visit the Atlanta Hatch show the first weekend of February. Otherwise, shoot @Blue liner a message and get on his list. We will have several demo opportunities through the spring and summer, as well as some guided opportunities in the NC area.

You can always reach out to me as well, but Denny (Blue Liner) is our point of sale on this model.

Media release with full description is coming soon
Does anyone have a HP rating on it? 😂
Square back = skiff style. Horsepower rating is forthcoming. I believe we have already received our CG cert. All specs to be released after the press release.

21 - 40 of 154 Posts