Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

East Cape Black Ops Evo

10K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  YnR 
#1 ·
Heard it from a birdie that East Cape is coming out with a Carbon Evo. Happy New Year!

#18 ·
Not a diss to East Cape as those guys make beautiful skiffs and make a living doing something I could only dream of but, the Evo v was the weirdest handling skiff I have ever driven. When coming out of turns it rolled on its axis from one side all the way to the other. It made for a pretty sketchy ride. Glad to hear they have done some redesigns as it’s a really pretty skiff and East Cape hands down makes the nicest live wells in the industry in my opinion.

#25 ·
That depends a LOT on what Li ion batteries you are willing to use in your boat. I looked at this for my build and ultimately wasn't going to spend the extra $2500 to go with a Li system. Li Pros was the only system I was comfortable enough. There are other less expensive approaches for sure.

But the whole weight thing is great for discussion but the reality is most of it is just banter. The only thing that really matters is whether or not your boat, as set up for actual fishing, can get you to where you need to be and is light enough that you can pole it.

Shoot for most of us we could save a lot of weight by two things.
1. Don't bring every piece of tackle we own for a day on the water.
2. Hit the gym.....lol

#29 ·
I find odd that some don’t think weight affects rice on a skiff ( small boat ) .... ever put some weight in the bed of a truck and feel the difference ? And I’m not taking about a pallet of sod . Maybe just a few bags of concrete .... Hell my skiff always rides better when I bring a buddy= 200lbs ....
For me, the weight savings is more important when I'm poling the boat both in how hard I have to push and draft. Where I fish, when I say we are skinny, we are often in 10-12" of water. Certainly the ride across the bay feels better with the extra weight of my buddy, especially when they are sitting forward

Reactions: wardicus
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.