Eagle Cuda 350 GPS/Fishfinder

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by bermuda, Nov 23, 2010.

1. bermuda

bermuda Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any experience with one of these? Several retailers will have them for 150 on friday - or one can be had for 150 online.  Just looking to use it for inshore GPS and for the price you get a bigger screen than a handheld. 

http://www.eaglenav.com/Products/Fishfinders/CUDA-350-SMap/

2. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

I too would love to hear a review on this one from someone here, read alot of online reviews and most seem positive, but you never know until you know. So anyone got one?

3. bermuda

bermuda Well-Known Member

I checked out the demo unit at basspro - its a good unit for the money but i passed after finding out there is no way to upload/download tracks, waypoints etc. They have to be entered manually. I'm currently altering a nextar road gps to use noaa maps.

4. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

hmmm, that is a downer, however I think I would be entering them on a handheld anyway instead of uploading. Really I just want one so I don't get lost and it has most of the features I need, with the fishfinder being a big bonus to me :)

post up about modifying the gps you have, I'm sure many would be interested and like to know the involvement and costs.

5. riptide

riptide Riptide Boat Works N.C.

i had 1 of these it lasted 4 years outside , i put a plastic bucket over it with a weight to keep it from getting wet , sounder worked well, mine was not color but i know you can get the color ones now. for 150 if thats all you need go for it