Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with one of these? Several retailers will have them for 150 on friday - or one can be had for 150 online.  Just looking to use it for inshore GPS and for the price you get a bigger screen than a handheld. 

http://www.eaglenav.com/Products/Fishfinders/CUDA-350-SMap/

·
BBA Counselor
7,210 Posts
I too would love to hear a review on this one from someone here, read alot of online reviews and most seem positive, but you never know until you know. So anyone got one?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked out the demo unit at basspro - its a good unit for the money but i passed after finding out there is no way to upload/download tracks, waypoints etc. They have to be entered manually. I'm currently altering a nextar road gps to use noaa maps.

·
BBA Counselor
7,210 Posts
hmmm, that is a downer, however I think I would be entering them on a handheld anyway instead of uploading. Really I just want one so I don't get lost and it has most of the features I need, with the fishfinder being a big bonus to me :)

post up about modifying the gps you have, I'm sure many would be interested and like to know the involvement and costs.

·
Riptide Boat Works N.C.
173 Posts
i had 1 of these it lasted 4 years outside , i put a plastic bucket over it with a weight to keep it from getting wet , sounder worked well, mine was not color but i know you can get the color ones now. for 150 if thats all you need go for it 

1 - 5 of 5 Posts