Eagle Cuda 350 fishfinder/gps

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by redgheenoe, Aug 9, 2011.

1. redgheenoe

redgheenoe Well-Known Member

Went by a Dick's Sporting Goods today and they had these units on clearance for $89. I picked one up for my Gheenoe Classic. I have never owned a fish/depth/gps before and wanted to know if anyone has experience hooking one up?

2. tguasjr

tguasjr Fish Finaddict

Sent you a P.M. They are very simple to install. I installed one on the Maverick I had.

3. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

I looked at one for a while, seemed like a really good deal and they had good reviews. If I recall the thing that turned me off and made me buy a handheld was that you had to enter all your waypoints and tracks by hand. Well that and I wanted to use the handheld for mountain biking too.

4. bermuda

bermuda Well-Known Member

Thats still a god deal - which Dick's was it?

Thanks

5. redgheenoe

redgheenoe Well-Known Member

Still looking for installation help.

6. fsae99

fsae99 I Love microskiff.com!

What kind of help wiring, transducer placement, mounting? It has internal GPS so mount it where the unit gets clear view of sky. Mount transducer low enough to be in non aerated water on plane, it has depth offset setting to get you back to actual water depth. Make sure to install fuse on + side of the power, and hook to starting battery not Trolling motor bat if you have one.

Gives us a little more info and we can give you more. Help me help you.

7. JESUS_ROMERO

JESUS_ROMERO I Love microskiff.com!

I hate to jump his post but didnt want to start another? Since my budget isnt much does anyone have first hand experience with the Eagle/Cuda 350 before I spend my monet?

8. fsae99

fsae99 I Love microskiff.com!

I have one, the gps is pretty accurate and gets a signal even in narrow rive conditions with over hanging trees. There is only a basic built in map not a chart. The track (they call them trails) features are actually excellent. Trip features are excellent as well, you can set speed exclusion so that below a certain speed that distance is not included in the trip distance. This is very useful in remaining fuel. It uses almost no power.

As for the sounder part it is good enough, only 200 freq, for depth and basic fish graphing but that is it. Has moon and sun info.

The screen is small but for less than 100 bucks it is well worth the money in my opinion.