Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How is it on reliability? Ive heard mixed reviews.
It’s good. This one has a self lube system that functions at regular intervals.
we service it every 50-60 hours .

they are not boats and perform like a turd when floating but you don’t have to worry when crossing a ditch or a small bog.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I have been considering one. In the timber we hunt, flood is what we aim for. When it gets like that, we can boat anywhere. At low water, we float atvs across on a barge and hunt land locked oxbows that hold water year round. But sometimes at varying degrees between the two, the sloughs and ditches throughout the timber restrict atv travel but there's not yet enough water to go by boat. Seems like an Argo would be an ideal solution, but I've yet to find anyone around here with one for me to try.

At low water, we often have to drag a small boat or pirogue to throw out decoys once we reach an oxbow. I know you said the Argo is not a boat, but would it substitute for one to throw out decoys and pick them up?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At low water, we often have to drag a small boat or pirogue to throw out decoys once we reach an oxbow. I know you said the Argo is not a boat, but would it substitute for one to throw out decoys and pick them up?
yes it will suffice as long as you are touching the bottom.
once you are floating you are like a cork.
We carry a couple small canoes on our rack.

·
Registered
871 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts