Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2015 HB Pro
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using a drone to scout out fishing spots to see if anything is there? I’m thinking of all the spots I’ll pole for an hour to get to that could be scouted before to see if there is any action happening. I’ve watched YouTube videos of guys finding schools but not sure how effective or often it happens. Obviously not looking for single fish, and more beneficial in poll/troll zones.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Please don’t. Isn’t half the fun just the hunt and chance. However, if you have to pole for an hour to find fish then I would search elsewhere drone or not.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Some states have this use outlawed. As it very well should be. Don't be that guy who annoys everyone else because you are too lazy to do the work.

There would be a real problem if I pushed my boat for 40 minutes to get a hard to reach spot only to get buzzed by some twat with a toy helicopter.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I haven't but we have flown a drone for aerial shots. Gives another prospective on how many prop scars there are!

As stated above probably not worth it but def. would find large schools in the winter time. I have thought about it for cobia down the beach though :)

·
Banned
906 Posts
Anybody using a drone to scout out fishing spots to see if anything is there? I’m thinking of all the spots I’ll pole for an hour to get to that could be scouted before to see if there is any action happening. I’ve watched YouTube videos of guys finding schools but not sure how effective or often it happens. Obviously not looking for single fish, and more beneficial in poll/troll zones.
If someone annoyed me with a drone they would need to call the Coast Guard and report a downed aircraft. :mad:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I’m not into excessive laws but between Jackos burning shorelines and drones, we might have to see some firm restrictions implemented:)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts