Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an emerger currently being built, should be ready by end of May. The pros for me were the freeboard, allowing an angler (like my brother to fish with me) who is a very big guy and He’s a fly fisherman. I also liked the smoother ride at full speed through rough water. I usually don’t travel to far, but getting back at mid-day is a lot different than getting to the spot at pre-dawn. It,s about in the 500lb hull weight class, and that puts it about middle for 16’ skiffs. I think it should pole just fine. I haven’t got it yet but very close, i’d definitely keep it high on the list, I’ll post again once I get it.

·
Towee Calusa
319 Posts
Funny you should post this! Please do post when you get the skiff - give us a review!. Saw this skiff in an article in recent Angler's Journal - find myself going back to look several times. Not much info online. I was struck by the photo with the Skipper sitting on the bow - looks like it has great bow buoyancy which is lacking in many flats skiffs. Unclear of what the HP ratings would be on the Tiller model. I see they run a 60 on the Console model, but feel that cramps up the working space too much. Let us hear about it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Funny you should post this! Please do post when you get the skiff - give us a review!. Saw this skiff in an article in recent Angler's Journal - find myself going back to look several times. Not much info online. I was struck by the photo with the Skipper sitting on the bow - looks like it has great bow buoyancy which is lacking in many flats skiffs. Unclear of what the HP ratings would be on the Tiller model. I see they run a 60 on the Console model, but feel that cramps up the working space too much. Let us hear about it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will have the center console, but I only went with a 40hp. Where and how I fish the 60 would make it overpowered. The tiller I think is a 30hp most often. Bow bouncy for sure, your standing pretty tall on the bow, my biggest concern is how shallow it will go. 5”-6” in should be good, if it lives up to the claim we’ll see. I’ll keep you updated. I’m supposed to pick it up by end of May,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up getting the boat we are on the one year mark of owning the boat. I have a 60 etec and a center console I enjoy the boat happy with how skinny it floats. I rides like a bigger boat but has the maneuverability of a smaller skiff on the pole. My opinion the spray rails are a must i added them afterwards plus i think if finishes boat.

·
Towee Calusa
319 Posts
I will have the center console, but I only went with a 40hp. Where and how I fish the 60 would make it overpowered. The tiller I think is a 30hp most often. Bow bouncy for sure, your standing pretty tall on the bow, my biggest concern is how shallow it will go. 5”-6” in should be good, if it lives up to the claim we’ll see. I’ll keep you updated. I’m supposed to pick it up by end of May,
Can't wait to see pictures - that is a sexy little skiff!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.