Downtown Deland restuarant review

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phishphood, Feb 17, 2008.

1. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

After a tough but good day on the water, I was ready for some good food and cold beer. Me and my wife decided to try Dublin's Irish Pub
    in downtown Deland. Nice pub atmosphere and the service was pretty good. Beer was nice and cold, but the Sheppard's Pie was a let down.
    Not that it was bad, it just wasn't good. Very, very bland. The gravy made it tolerable. We'll go back, just not for the pie.
    The downtown area was pretty cool to walk around. There was some live music and lots of restuarants, bars, and shops that included the retro
    candy store that had all sorts of candy from when I was a kid.
    Pop rocks and Amber Boch will not blow your stomach up. Just thought I'd throw that in.
    Neat historic area. Check it out sometime.

2. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

I've been in there for beers before. Kinda cool. Never had the food though. Its been a while.

3. gregT

gregT Well-Known Member

I stand by one of my favorite restaurants' Willow Tree Cafe in downtown Sanford. It's a German restaurant that has a great beer selection, and even better food!.

Schnitzels all around!

4. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

OK greg, I'm putting that one on the list to try. I could go for a German beer bout now.

5. gregT

gregT Well-Known Member

They have Dasboots (I probably spelled it wrong)...we just call them boots. They have a 64oz glass shaped as a boot. It's $20 for any beer they have on tap...