Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't a saltwater build but I thought it would be cool to show everyone the progress of my trout boat.

Here in Arkansas, flying fisherman have always used these fiberglass 20ft jon boats with jets. They float skinny and can take a beating running over shallow shoals but they are super hard to row. Below is a picture of my old fiberglass boat.

Water Sky Boat Vehicle Tree

I also have owned a drift boat which is amazing to fish out of and super nostalgic old-school style fly fishing but there are a few of drawbacks. Mainly being you can only hit a good spot on the river once then once you float by its gone, also you have a arrange a shuttle to pick you up, and lastly if you hit bad weather you just have to suck it up.

So I sold my blue jon boat in early 2020 and have since put a deposit down on a new style boat called a powerdrifter, its an aluminum boat that rows very well but has a 60 jet on the back to help you run long distances on trout rivers. Jason from Double XX is building these and is pretty genius in my opinion, he has really thought it through from head to toe. He added a jet tunnel to run skinnier, multiple rowing points for different size rowers, all of the boat is CNC cut and welded by hand in his factory, and the best feature in my opinion is the rod tubes (pictured below). That sounds crazy but trout boats have always had problems making good rod storage for some reason, as many boats just have trays and you lay all the rods on top of each other.
Product Motor vehicle Wood Floor Kitchen

Naval architecture Watercraft Wood Boat Flooring

Also he has built in lean post holders, cup holders, and the wiring is all hidden with anchor switches, radios, and lighting.
This boat below is the demo boat we got to fish last year which is the first version (they have made many changes since then) but it was amazing on the river.
Water Boat Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Vehicle

My boat build is underway now, pictured below is mine about 50% completed headed to paint.
Engineering Gas Machine Composite material Metal

For paint color I wanted to go outside the box with something similar to this purple.

Water Cloud Sky Boat Watercraft

So I ended up going with this Royal Purple to darken it up with grey and black seadek throughout.
Rectangle Font Violet Magenta Material property

Hopefully I will be able to show you paint and rigging pictures in the coming weeks, as I'm 2nd from the spray booth now.

Also here are just a few other powerdrifters they built which I tried to model mine after.
Wheel Boat Vehicle Watercraft Tire

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Cheers, and see yall on the water!

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are a few other cool ones I have seen.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Sky

Tire Wheel Sky Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Sky Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Sky Water Boat Vehicle Cloud

Water Boat Plant Watercraft Plant community

Also I talked with the owner today and mine will hit the spray booth next week!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yea the ones that say 40 are actually 60's but when you add a jet drive it drops the hp down to around 40 so the manufacturers put 40 decals on the 60 engines. Super weird to me but I'm used to it now.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Is this a flat bottom like a stump knocker or does it has some degree at stern ? I like they have made their own design kinda funky kinda cool LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts