Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here have a superskiff and mounted a quick release bracket for their minn Kota trolling motor on the bow? I’m having a hard time figuring out how to through bolt it with the minimal room in the front anchor locker.
Also had anyone converted their minn Kota riptide Rta 17 to use a smaller quick release puck from the ipilot?
Thanks in advance!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Yes I have, it wasn't easy I one ended up with two through deck bolts, then I drilled 1 extra mounting hole in the puck. I then used MarineTex to epoxy 3
Coupling Nut 304 Stainless Steel 1/4"-28 into the deck over the bow flare. Then used Stainless Bolts to secure the puck into the nuts.

It's been on for over a year, all is good I take the motor off every couple of months to check on the mounts and everything is rock solid.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did as guvner did, 2 thru to the hull on the flat part of the boat, and one screw bedded into epoxy in the deck. I only have these 3 and have had no issues for 3+ years. I did trim my rubrail for the puck to fit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ive been curious about this as well. So @verystrange it sounds like you went through the lip and hull?
I'd like to see photos of @Guvner 's way. Like where those coupler nuts are located. See how close you could get to the lip, and where you drilled the new holes in the puck. I'm taking it his way isn't coming through the hull?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
No mine does not come through the hull, except for two screws which were way up in the hatch.

I'll get some pics this weekend for you guys.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Sorry for the delay guys, first image shows the puck with the etra mounting hole I drilled in.
As you can the see the puck is pretty close to the lip.
The two bolts on the left and the middle bolt are screwed into the couplers that are epoxied into the deck.

Second image shows the underside of the lip, no bolts etc coming through.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts