SOLD/EXPIRED DOLPHIN SUPER SKIFF 17' KEVLAR HULL ONLY

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by switchstance, Jul 3, 2013.

1. switchstance

switchstance Well-Known Member

I HAVE A 17' DOLPHIN SUPER SKIFF KEVLAR HULL WITH THE STRINGERS, BUT WITHOUT ANYTHING ELSE. IT NEEDS A FLOOR AND A CAP. THERES SOME SEPARATION AT THE STERN WHERE THE MOTOR MOUNTS THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
    $2700.00 OBO. ITS A PERFECT START FOR SOMEONE LOOKING FOR A PROJECT, UNFORTUNATELY I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME OR THE PLACE TO TAKE THIS AS MY PROJECT.
    *IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL ME, I DO NOT CHECK THIS SITE OFTEN (305)8038215
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Creek Runner

Creek Runner Well-Known Member

Someone needs to buy this and take it to glasses boat works, and build it out right!

3. Johnster

Johnster I Love microskiff.com!

Hmm I wonder what Glassers Marine would charge to finish it up?

4. switchstance

My plans for this boat, was to keep it super simple and
    make it a big tiller, i think it would be an awesome do it all
    skiff

5. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

It looks like it was never fitted with a cap or rub rail. Do you know the history? Someone is going to get a nice deal.

6. junkin35

junkin35 I Love microskiff.com!

Is the paperwork on the boat clean? Is trailer included in the sale?

7. switchstance

Theres no paperwork, it would have to be registered as a homemade, but its a factory hull with a blemish on the transom, so they couldnt sell it. I was able to get my hands on it, besides that its a solid hull, its definetly an amazing start of a project, i wish i had what it takes. The trailer is not included  on the sale

8. kamakuras

kamakuras Well-Known Member

Whoever gets this I have a 17 you are welcome to come get measurements off of for finishing.

This is the original design and an amazing boat. Not a quiet as the new design but it is faster and quite a bit lighter. There are very few of these out there.

9. tomahawk

tomahawk Well-Known Member

Is there a HIN on it?

10. tomahawk

Good luck with that. Better take it to AL to sell. You aren't getting a title for it in FL without committing purjury and/or risking arrest, which I'm sure you already know.

11. Kane_Thorp

Kane_Thorp I Love catching reds!!

About how much would it cost to put floor and decks Ina boat like this?

12. acraft1720

acraft1720 I Love microskiff.com!

Pull the trigger!

13. acraft1720

Is there no hull id at all or is it just not on the actual boat?

14. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Sux that it does not come with legitimate paperwork. Florida is a nightmare when it comes to boats with no titles, atleast from my personal experience. You could easily have 10k+ getting this thing back on the water with a good build. Including used power and trailer..

15. acraft1720

I'd say you'd have 15-20k in the boat once done if you did it right, depending if you went tiller or full console, aluminum trailer etc. The renegade hull I refit recently cost me about 10k including a used engine, new trailer, paint decks, welding etc. (plus hull was $4500). This boat would be considerably more but it would be one of a kind and is one of the best riding hulls you can find.

16. switchstance

How do people on this forum get paperwork for the homemade
    hulls that i see being built here from scratch?

17. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

If you have a hull that is home built and looks home built, you can get a title. Theres no FWC officer around that is going to inspect that boat and call it home made.

18. tomahawk

FWC will come out and inspect it. They want to see pics and documentation of the build from scratch as well as receipts.

19. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

In most cases, if the owner cannot find a way to legally title a boat then it ultimately becomes a " 1987 17' Bayliner." But a Dolphin SS clone of course :D