The undeniable skinny water master. After years of fishing with friends and guides, this was my made to order never sell boat. With a 500lb kevlar hull weight, a sharp entry leading to a 4 inch dead rise and a 5 inch draft, this boat goes where others quake, turns on a dime and poles with the quietness of a ninja assassin. Before any of the high end designer skiff makers of today there was the Dolphin. The Super Skiff and its shallow water spawn the Renegade Dominated the flats boat world, and for a good reason. Seaworthy, highly reliable, fast, and shallow. This is the last of the boats when a vessel was a tool and not a statement.
This skiff was commissioned by me in 2005 and was customized to exacting fish catching specifcations. Its been well maintained and fairly flawless for each of its years of service. With less than 175 hours on its Yamaha 2 stroke motor from new it has been lightly used, well cared for and kept up to date for each and every adventure. Truth be told with a then young family and busy career I never used it as much as intended but have poled and trolled it monthly throughout Flamingo, the glades and through many of our south Florida canals. On bluebird days it saw time on Biscayne Bay chasing down bones, but its near showroom condition is largely due to its years trickle charging under cover or stealthfully peeling snook, reds, poons, and bass off of their fresh and brackish haunts. It's got great Karma and has caught in abundance virtually every species of fish native or not that swims in our canals, flats, glades and inshore waters.
This was the last of the hand laid hulls from Dolphin and as such has many custom features in addition to the updates I've added over the years. Most of the major work since then has been done by either Tom Gordon when he was at Isla Marine or more recently Inshore Marine Specialists. I'd invite you to call either about this boat and its care. Dolphin is back in business and many of the key details on this boat along with some videos of the Renegade in action are widely available on the web. I haven't ever sold a boat before so if I am missing anything here please check out their site or message me. I have every record since new on this boat in an organized folder with the title original bill of sale and spec sheets. A boat like this today could cost 4X what I am offering here. Unique attributes of your next boat are listed below:
1. U shaped custom storage center in the rear hatch reduced weight while allowing for life jackets on one side, your "oh $h!t" bag on the other, and retaining 100% of the rear storage for your fishing needs.
2. Fly tie pull on console
3. oversize poling platform for great stability and the ability to pull up a water skier on its integrated tow ring. platform also includes two staggered rod holders and a push pole holder.
4. Sea deck encased rod tubes which give a great finished look and protect rod tips from the occasional misses.
5. Oversized console for a command position at sea. Console includes complete gauges, wiring for the new Garmin GPS, a Ritchie Compass, Overhead grab rail, multiple 12 V ports, a shelf, and rod/bogagrip/tools holders on either side of the console.
6. Oversized gas tank for long range, softer ride in a chop and better balance on the boat
7. On board trickle charger
8. Lithium Ion lightweight high power batteries for the trolling motor and boat power.
9. 70 HP Yamaha two stroke with a balanced 4 blade SS Power Prop. She will cruise all day in the upper twenties and top ends at +_35 MPH fully loaded with two adult anglers on the boat.
10. Updated Minn Kota Trolling Motor with remote control and gps.
11. Recirculating live well with custom features for better keeping of crabs and small minnow baits. Hard to explain but works great.
12. Bubba post and drop in deck hole on bow so that you may lean, chunk and wind with the best bass pros in the business.
13. Matterhorn White Deck with Ice Blue exterior and console. Black Carpet and sea deck trim under gunnels.
14. Like New lightweight Space Age Boat Cover was custom made for this boat a year ago and comes with the boat. It was like a +_1,600 cover from memory.
Trailer is a Continental trailer that has been reworked over the years and performs as new. In the last few years it has been updated with LED lighting, a new electric trailer mate winch, new tires with a complete spare air and Hub, Racheting SS stern hooks, and overhauled for maximum safety and performance.
What is NOT included in the sale that may be pictured: A Bluepoint Bow Platform, Stiffy Pushpole, ropes, Icey Tek cooler and a new Garmin - updated wiring already in the boat so its plug and play for you. I'll even throw in new the custom coffin style Igloo cooler which opens side ways so you don't hit the console.
For someone who knows, you know. For those that don't this is a terrific starter boat at any price. It's safe, mostly self bailing (rarity for a flats boat) and exceedingly shallow. It's hard to get into trouble. For a professional guide or someone who gets more days on the water than my life allows its an exceptional back up boat for those ultra skinny waters and those days were you are with clients who are fly fishing minimalists. This is the best value of any used micro skiff out there, it has looks beyond its age and can hold court with the best of them.
The only reason I am selling is i have a new family and require a larger inshore boat for my new Life. I don't get on the water enough to use them both. As such its priced to sell at $16,500.00.
South Miami Based seller please contact me thru email at [email protected]
. Boat is available to be seen at any time with reasonable notice. Best Christmas present you will ever give yourself....