1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,061 Posts
I hope thats all huwey. Never thought about it and dont want to

·
Registered
573 Posts
The way people see underwater is different than the way fish see. The species of fish also impact how they see line underwater. I suspect most fish when up close see braid in any color. Some probably don't care or it doesn't register.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,523 Posts
I always use a fluoro leader on my braid so it doesn't matter to me. Just my preference.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thought this was interesting. Seems that white might be best for clear water and green for tannin/stained/muddy water.

I like line I can see - especially when I’m fishing jigs in deep water. I watch the line and see it jump when the jig hits the bottom.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I don't think line color matters a bit - as long as you're using a leader... but it is helpful in another way... I long ago figured out that it would be very handy to be able to tell at a glance what size line was on a given spool (particularly with lots and lots of different reels) and more than one spool for each reel - sometimes with different line sizes for the same reel... So... even back when it was monofilament only - My 10lb line was clear, the 12 pink, the 15 fl. yellow, then back to clear for 20lb and so on....

You can do the exact same with braid - and like I said -very handy to be able to tell what size line is on a given reel... Very handy.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob, I've learned to do the same with jigs (you'll remember that from my recent jig order!). I try to do it with braid size, but I'm not as consistent--often buying whatever color is on sale in the weight that I want!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts