Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
141 - 158 of 158 Posts

· Registered
Chittum-LM Beavertail B2 Sold Aug 2021
337 Posts
I’m at work. Mind your business.
Sorry you have to work today. I'm sure your family thanksgiving time is waiting for you when you get home. Remembering the iPhone recorded fishing trip you shared with me of your son on the bow months ago still brings me smiles. This is the recording trip post right? Don't go for bait thrown out there.

· Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
17,746 Posts
Sorry you have to work today. I'm sure your family thanksgiving time is waiting for you when you get home. Remembering the iPhone recorded fishing trip you shared with me of your son on the bow months ago still brings me smiles. This is the recording trip post right? Don't go for bait thrown out there.
We eat three times today…I’ll make it home for round three! We always cook out here if we work Thanksgiving or Christmas, we won’t miss a meal!
Yeah I have a ton of videos of he and I fishing and from the first boat ride when he was two. Dude is a little stud, sight casting with a spinning reel and nothing but soft plastics at 7 years old. I don’t even have to call fish any more, he usually sees them before I do and fires off a cast before I know it.

· Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
17,746 Posts
The post I was replying to should give you the context you are looking for.
Peyton brought up the issue of guides also having to spot burn in order for self promotion.
Do you need to spend over a thousand dollars, take a week long course, pass several tests and keep up with documentation and necessary regulations to be a youtuber?

· Registered
372 Posts
Skim.
I can't help on the video front. I don't even take static pics of the fish I catch unless it's a personal best and that's only to show fishing buddies and I don't really do social media or post anything but here occasionally.

Don't sweat the negative comments. You do what you love,
A bend in a stream may be someone's "spot" but fishing in a lagoon on a National Seashore is all of ours'. There are no MY spots to burn in a National Park. That's the point.

Besides, there aren't usually enough data points in a clip to burn a spot unless you already know the area, which means you already fish there which means any capable fisherman will find "the spot" (NOT "your" spot) anyway. There is a Youtube guy that fishes our home waters and 75% of the time I can tell where he is because I've fished there and know that little island or that bunch of trees in the background from memory. Who cares, I fish my plan to be at peace. Not to get stressed out about getting skunked or putting up big numbers. Leave the ego at the dock.

In our game, a clip from Tuesday AM doesn't mean a thing by Tuesday PM. Fish move, winds change, and Issac Newton and Copernicus have their say in the matter as well.

Film away and post what you like buddy, I can't wait to see it. You've got very little chance of finding an area that I don't know of on my home waters.

Just don't chase boats to spots you didn't already know. That's a weak move. Make your own wake.

· Premium Member
4,251 Posts
Do you need to spend over a thousand dollars, take a week long course, pass several tests and keep up with documentation and necessary regulations to be a youtuber?
Pretty sure all Whistlin diesel’s content is recorded with an Iphone, or it was until recently. And he is doin’ just fine!😉🤣🤣🤣

· Premium Member
4,251 Posts
My first whistlin diesel video “this kid is an idiot”

50 videos later… “when is this kid gonna make another video!?!?”
Yeah man, he’s a tool lol. But a genius at the same time! He literally got rich on people’s emotions!🤣

Reactions: Featherbrain
141 - 158 of 158 Posts