Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Documenting trips (edit)

6415 Views 157 Replies 39 Participants Last post by  JC Designs
(Edit)

Well this blew up for the worse ….. my intentions are to make cinematic clips for my self / friends / family I am not looking to out everyone’s spots and become Jake Paul ….. just a dude with a camera that would like to share my experience thru videos instead of a standard pic ….. get off my butt lol

Is there any filmers on here? I’m looking for someone to mentor me or answer certain questions regarding making YouTube videos or short videos documenting your fishing trips. I’ve got a GoPro hero 8 and a bunch of accessories that I need to put to use before I go spending money on editing, computers and real cameras. So far I’ve got Adobe Premiere Pro, my GoPro hero 8, and I have been messing with editing.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
479 Posts
This maybe be controversial but what are the differences between youtubers and guides? Both have to exploit an area to be able to make money. There have been tons of hype videos created to push a guiding business and both are attempting to make a profit off of a resource. I see a lot of hero shots on guides Instagrams. I even see guides on here bitching about other guides. Lol.
Personally, I think there isn't much difference between guides and Youtubers. Both have to promote themselves enough to keep making money. However, neither needs to blow up a spot and exploit their area to "advertise".

The main difference between the two is that a guide is locked down to a general area. A videographer doesn't have a home turf to draw people to or keep them away from. I've seen guides and "content creators" both do things the right way and wrong way. Be one of those that does it the right way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts