Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I came across a 97 River Hawk that has been sitting for a long time. I gotta test the motor before I think about buying it, but the hull has a layer of something on the fiberglass that is chipping off. Is this gelcoat from the original cast? Is it worth fixing? It also has a crack on the front bench, but I am assuming that would just be a fiberglass patch right? I have never owned a fiberglass boat, so this would be new for me. I am only considering it because my wife can't use a kayak or canoe but enjoys fishing. He only is asking 500 for it. Is this worth fixing or am I better off getting something else?

·
Brandon, FL
12,304 Posts
Do I just sand off all the bondo and put something else on or what? Like I said this is new to me and my first project.
There are hundreds of repair threads on these/gheenoe's on here. All straight forward as long as you don't over think the job. Can totally be done with the tools most likely already in the garage.

·
Premium Member
3,606 Posts
There are hundreds of repair threads on these/gheenoe's on here. All straight forward as long as you don't over think the job. Can totally be done with the tools most likely already in the garage.
Starting with a hammer and chisel!😉

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.