Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Do you own your boat?

• I have a boat for pleasure and I own it outright.

• I have a boat for pleasure and I finance it.

• I have a boat for business and I own it outright.

• I have a boat for business and I finance it.

Do you own your boat?

3178 Views 59 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  barnburner4444
I'm curious to know how prevalent it is to finance a boat or whether people tend to buy their boats with cash? I'm adding a poll and I'm going to set it such that you can't see who voted for what.
Reactions: Smackdaddy53
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Yeah if I waited until I could comfortably pay for a boat cash I'd be an old man. I try to be responsible with money but I also have to experience this life I'm living otherwise I'll have regrets. I've been lucky that up until now my dad has always had a small boat I had access to as if it was my own but because its kept 2.5 hrs away its a bit of a production to go and use it. I'm so happy I got my new skiff because I can just take it out of the garage and disappear on my days off. I've also had an opportunity to spend more time with my own dad since he recently retired. Hopefully taking the kids out this Friday it will be their first fishing outing on the new boat. I have taken them for a few joy rides. I should have done this 10 years ago!
You get only so many trips around the sun. Make the best of them for you and your family.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts