Do you Dress up your Children ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by noeettica, Oct 7, 2009.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Kind if stunned by a turn of events ...

The parents have NO Decent Clothes for thier kids to attend Weddings Church Funerals Etc ...3 Boys Ranging from 16 to Say 12 ...

The Parents DO have the money but say It'a a waste because the kids "outgrow" stuff too fast ...

I Say they are Dening a "proper upbringing" by Not exposing them to Formal settings ...

Dave

2. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

I hated getting dressed up when I was a kid, they are lucky.

3. cal1320

cal1320 Well-Known Member

Just the opposite here. My kids have all the dress up clothes and I have one suit. If someone gets burried or married (same thing) its what I wear.

4. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

I Say they are Dening a "proper upbringing" by Not exposing them to Formal settings ...

Dave[/quote]
    i agree with you dave ;) my kids are too big now to tell them how to dress but back in the day they always had something that was half decent to wear and if not then me or their momma got it for them :cool:

5. WhiteDog70810

WhiteDog70810 Mostly Harmless

If the "they'll out grow them" excuse flew, we'd wear loin clothes until we were 13 or 14. You don't have to dress kids in the LL Bean childrens' line up. On the other hand, my mom didn't dress me up much, but I still hate corduroys and sweaters from the rare occasions that she did. I guess doing stuff that sucks when you are young prepares you for the realities of life.

Nate

6. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

It's Their Uncles Wedding ...

7. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

their uncles wedding??? then they definitely need something, you dont have to shop at macys, walmart can dress them just as sharp and for a lot less, i think these parents are just being a little on the cheap side to be honest with you :eek:

8. cal1320

cal1320 Well-Known Member

If the bride and groom are bothered by this, then they have the option of not inviting them. You don't have to socialize with someone just because they're related.