Do Kids Need Disipline ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by noeettica, Oct 2, 2008.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Ahhh need some input ...

Today's kids are NOT tought the meaning of the word NO

I see many problems ahead ...

Violance , Rapes , Thefts ... Vandalisim ...Drug abuse , Pregnancy ...

and it all Starts with a Goofy Blue Mohawk !!!

am I wrong ?

Dave

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Children learn by copying the behaviors they see.
    What they see, is what we get.
    What we want them to be, is how we have to live.
    You don't get one without the other.
    To have a disciplined child,
    first, there must be a disciplined parent who cares.

3. noeettica

Great answer Brett ! I agree ...

4. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

i am thinkin we must be kin folk...

I would also like to add that desapite them mimicing their surroundings when growing up a good whoopin goes a long way. i have only whipped my children a couple of times. They now know when I mean biddness. I am also very proud to say, my kids is good. much mo better than i was......

5. captnron

captnron Guest

The parents do.

6. gheenoeit

gheenoeit Well-Known Member

With my 2 year old telling me no and to stop that Daddy and go away I thing I f'ed up all the way but its cool... Sheel turn sweet someday.

My parents braught me up in a Christian home where we got beat "ere" day. My fiances family is different. Theyve got kids in her family that hit teachers so...

I now know how hard it was for my parents to raise 4 kids to my two. My mom says my daughter gets away with 10 times more than her and my dad would have allowed.

My parents motto... "Spare the rod" you know the rest.

I try to keep from poping my gal and hope I dont have to go that route but it worked for me as a child and my 3 siblings as well.

Wanted to post first thing last night when I seen topic but didnt want to be the first to ramble on about my child.

Lil Darin born 3 weeks ago hopefully wont be so resistant.
    But of coarse we need to let them have a mind of their own on some things.

I guess thats my 1/2 cents.

Gheenoeit

7. ChrisR

ChrisR Well-Known Member

Rays fans?

8. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Start early that is the key! The longer you wait to apply authority the harder it gets to rein in poor behavior. Show trust and the consequences of lack of trust. But above all be a loving but respected parent and don't try to be your child's best friend.

9. cal1320

cal1320 Well-Known Member

Children need to be taught responsibility and honesty. If they learn those, the blue mohawk taks care of itself.
    Too many parents raise children to be children. We need to raise  more to be adults.

10. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

I was rased with out much being told to me. It was more like "monky see monky do" My folks and Grandparents always did the right thing no matter how hard it was. We as kids were always there and learned by example. It was never hard to know how to rase my kid, would just think what would mom and dad of done.

I miss them..............

11. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

Making blanket statements that kids with blue mohawks are pariahs is a hasty generilization that I take personal offense to. I grew up in the "punk rock" scene, and have had several mohawks in my life (as a teenager and an adult). I am no criminal. I am a hard working, tax paying american. I have a wife, a kid, own a house and two vehicles. I work as a fireman serving the citizens in my city. I also used to work in construction and based on my experience I would trust a kid with a blue mohawk over a plumber any day ;D

12. noeettica

Aaron ... You are one of the good guys ! You earned your right to do anything you want ... I respect you ...

I was refering to the Punks that have NO respect for others and have earned no respect ...

Dave

13. beavis

beavis Well-Known Member

kids need to learn consequences and boundaries and that means saying "no" matter how cute they are. to many punks don't know consequences. a few spankings early will hopefully prevent a lot of problems later. will make them think for a second or 2 before do something.