Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

New to the forum. I was thinking about heading down to the Bahamas mid January. I know it’s not the best time in regards to fishing. I have done a bunch of research regarding location/DIY. I will be headed down with the old lady so I would like a place that is safe and with something to do besides fish. Would like to hire a guide for a day or two and then do some DIY bonefish the the fly rod. I am also aware that the storm damaged some islands. If anyone has any suggestions/reports/ info I would greatly poreciate it. I have fished for bones in the Caribbean but never the Bahamas.tight lines!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
http://belizeflyfishcamp.com/

Just got back from a week here. Pretty awesome DIY setup with kayaks, sups, and Skanu's. They will also setup to have guides come and get you at the camp. Price is super reasonable, especially considering you get 3 meals a day with it. Beer and liquor is a separate charge, honor system and what not. I will say, unless your wife fishes, or likes to read, probably not gonna work out but I figured I would throw this out there. Bring bug spray.....lots of bug spray.

http://www.coastalzonebelize.org/

Used this site for licenses, took me 5 minutes. Not sure what you other jokers are doing wrong!

·
Panhandler
3,773 Posts
Buddy just got from a week-long trip to Andros. His group stayed at 2 Guys inn. Said it was phenomenal with some big bones and shots at permit. Lot of the lodges there are full due to storm damage to Grand Bahama and Abacos.

·
Registered
689 Posts
My favorite Bahama fishing island is Exuma. Have fished Andros and great with the right guide. All Bahamas is better with a guide. I have fished Exuma with a guide and on my own. There are plenty of easy flats to get to and if you can arrange a kayak a ton. We typically stay at Peace and Plenty. I use a taxi service when I wade fish on my own and arrange pick up times. No contest though when I have a guide. 9 lb bones, tarpon too. If I was going to DIY only I would look at Ragged Island or Mayaguana.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.