Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me first start off by saying im very comfortable doing anything mechanical so im not afraid of doing the work. Motor is a 2018 Honda 40hp, obviously still under warranty and I want to keep it that way. Didn’t see anything in the manual that says the motor must be serviced by a service center for the warranty to be valid but I could be wrong. This 20hr service is the first that the motor calls for but I don’t want to be without my boat for an extended period of time should I take it to a service center or do it in my garage in about 45min?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have never seen a motor company demand you visit a authorized service center to keep your warranty. Just use reccommend parts and lubricants and you will be fine. Follow the manual for the 20hr, it is all very easy. Just did my 20hr on my 50hp Tohatsu. Changed oil, filter and lower unit fluid. I keep an eye on other things, use good fluids and oem parts. You will be good to go.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
389 Posts
Make sure you keep all receipts for the supplies as well

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I went ahead and ordered everything I would need for 2 services, 5qts of oil, 2 filters and a qt of lower unit oil for 63$ shipped and it’s all genuine Honda oil and filters so there’s nothing they can say god forbid anything happens down the road. Saved me about 60$ vs going to a dealer as I was quoted 130$ for the 20hr service. And no down time at all, now I just need to get my Honda gauge replaced under warranty is it quit working a few months ago

1 - 5 of 5 Posts