Disabled fisherman or boat fanatics??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jcoody, Apr 25, 2011.

1. jcoody

jcoody I Love microskiff.com!

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to the site here, I have been looking a good while though. I was curious to see if there were any other disabled fisherman or boat fanatics (LOL) on the site? I am 22 years old and have a genetics bone disorder known as Osteogenesis Imperfecta AKA brittle bone disease. I was just gonna see if anyone else here was disabled? Random question but it would be pretty cool to know. Thanks guys! Oh by the way check out my first re-do in the "bragging spot" , the 13' Rivermaster. I am obsessed with this site and boat building, etc. I'm hooked! (Very amateur though) By the way I'm located in North Florida, 50 miles east of Tallahassee. Thanks!

2. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

I am not physically but I have been told that I am mental. ;D

I have a buddy that is a quad and I take him out once in a while and we have a great time and I am more than happy to put a smile on his face.

3. jcoody

jcoody I Love microskiff.com!

LOL were all probably a little mental!!

That's great! Its hard to find people that will take disable fishing because its pretty hard to get them around. Great to see someone like you to help the ones that can't get out on there own! Good job man, makes me feel good to know there's people like you!

4. boggob

boggob Beer me.

Might want to look into Hands Helping Anglers and the Florida Disabled Outdoors Association. I know the North Florida Gulf Fishing Club helps out with that and most of those fellas are on bigbendfishing.net.

"Saturday, June 25, 2011, the North Florida Gulf Fishing Club and the Florida Disabled Outdoors Association will be holding the 18th annual Hands Helping Anglers event. We are looking for volunteer captains who are available to take some participants from the FDOA for a day of fishing. We’ll provide free lunch, snacks, drinks, and bait to all volunteer captains. These folks only get the opportunity to go fishing one day a year and much like the Take a Kid fishing event, we rely on volunteers to help us make this event a success."