Did FSU hire a better coach than UF?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by yobata, Dec 6, 2017.

1. yobata

yobata I Love microskiff.com!

I'm a big fan of Taggart and his philosophy of coaching which stresses that the game is just that and should be fun before anything else. On the other hand, Mullen recruited Aaron Hernandez while he was an assistant at UF previously, and notoriously said to other team members "can you believe this guy was accused of murder?" in a gleeful tone as if it was a sign of how tough of a player he was.

As a UF alumni, I think FSU made the better coaching hire!

2. SomaliPirate

SomaliPirate Well-Known Member

As a USF alumnus, I would like to present Coach Taggart with this, the Lane Kiffin Award for Honesty and Integrity in Coaching. Unfortunately, Mr. Taggart could not be here to accept this award, as he is currently on a business trip to speak with the athletic director at Oklahoma.

3. Snoball

Snoball Active Member

It’s funny a couple of buddy’s that played with Hernandez say the same thing. Media makes it sound like he was a mess in college, but these guys say he was super nice and never would have expected his outcome. Mullin in my opinion is a good hire, he knows the crazy Gainesville expectations and drama.

4. Tarpon Nole

Tarpon Nole Well-Known Member

Mullen is definitely the better coach and has a higher floor

Taggart has a higher ceiling but idk if he’s a great x and o coach

Fsu fan btw

5. yobata

yobata I Love microskiff.com!

whats the difference between a high floor and a high ceiling??

6. Tarpon Nole

Woops. Sorry

Meant that Mullen is a safer higher, proven and less chance of being awful but is he an elite coach that will win sec and play for NC?

Taggart has turned programs around, is an elite recruiter, but hasn’t won as he hasn’t been anywhere to see the full benefit but could be a championship coach

yobata likes this.
  7. Tarpon Nole

And Mullen should have been the guy when Meyer left, and definitely should have been the guy after will m was canned

8. Snoball

Snoball Active Member

I’m hopeful that Florida’s ability to bring in recruits will take him to the next level compared to Mississippi. I also realize we have lost some of the reputation of an elite football school..go gators!

yobata likes this.