Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to get story heavy but if anyone has questions I will answer them. Our buddy Ed at NoBoundaries Oman runs an awesome lodge that's home to the undisputed largest GT's in the world. For 10 years he has taken guys out and regularly catching GTs over 50kg on poppers. He reached out to us to help expand his land based fishing on fly for a variety of species. We were the 3rd crew he has had that solely fly fished so we were basically a recon group, gathering intel to help him develop a plan for future fisherman. I can tell you guys, Southern Oman is an amazing fishery and mostly untapped. I will have a video soon.

9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
1.jpg
View attachment 62376
5.jpg
14.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have been following your posts on insta. Looks like an incredible place and trip. Thanks for sharing!

·
Rex Kwan Do Dojo
1,992 Posts
Incredible! Thanks for sharing. Oliver White had an amazing write up on Oman in this months Flyfisherman that got me stoked. Your pics are fantastic.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have been wanting to fish that area, especially for Queenfish. What does the travel entailed from the Dubai Airport?

Mike

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yes that’s what Ed said but the GT fishing is pretty damn great year round. I caught one on fly there, it wasn’t very large 14 about. They were seen most days. I was casting at one first day but I had my 9 wt and a crab fly. Another guy had shot at same tide on same section of beach in 2 separate days. Saw others cruising beach out of range. And last day saw some monsters in bay where I caught my small one but out of range.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I believe it has been available for diy, I’m not sure how long folks have been running trips. There is an expat over there ray Montoya who has been fly fishing for permit there for many years, he is on YouTube and also an excellent artist. Yes those were numbers from our trip.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts