Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprised nobody has posted this yet. To all those doubters he is proving to be a man of his word. He is making the entire South Florida Water Management Board resign. Looks like Florida has elected the right person to address our current issues. Between him and Congressman Mast I think things are finally moving in the right direction.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/environment/article224239310.html

·
I Love microskiff.com!
244 Posts
Surprised nobody has posted this yet. To all those doubters he is proving to be a man of his word. He is making the entire South Florida Water Management Board resign. Looks like Florida has elected the right person to address our current issues. Between him and Congressman Mast I think things are finally moving in the right direction.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/environment/article224239310.html
Mind blowing! A republican pulling his head out of Trump's ass long enough to do something right for Florida. Now, if he could just spend more time in Florida than making appearances on Faux news, maybe he can actually get something done.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,297 Posts
State law will not allow him to fire the board members and Rick Scott can wield much more influence and $$$ as a US senator than he ever could as governor. Environmental degradation will continue.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,254 Posts
As I responded in your other post...

Contrary to all the BullSugar bullshit, not all conservatives hate the environment.

As expected...he won't get much credit from Gillum supporters who would have reacted completely differently had a DEM tagged something like this onto the coat tails of a $15 min wage or sanctuary state law of some sort. Then it would have been a heroic departure from the Rick Scott status quo and a positive development.

DeSantis, by contrast, has shown laser focus on this issue within days of being sworn in. He deserves credit for that, IMHO, even if you don't agree with all the specifics of what he's laid out.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,609 Posts

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,415 Posts
Certainly a breath of fresh air. It'll be an interesting state legislative session. Hope there are finally enough decision-makers that realize Florida is water and the environment and without that there will only be declining jobs, tourism, fisheries and all that's related.

As far as Washington, I expect the status quo from our senior and freshman senators.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Regardless of where you stand politically this move is a hell of a lot better than what we have had. I doubt Gillium would have done anything this quick.
Interestingly Red Tide Rick "The Dick" Scott, significantly slowed down Desantis's transition by being a complete ass. Desantis may have been out of the blocks even quicker.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I saw it last night but posted it in “off topic”, later I saw it would have been better suited over here. The more people that see it the better.
Thanks Gg, I try not to watch news and living up here in Gainesville we don't get much South Fl news anyway.
Made me realize that I need to connect to the Gov's web page.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,086 Posts
WE can only hope that Gov. D is able to follow through on his verbalized plans. I fervently hope so, for the sake of our treasured waters. If things progress & we realize that REAL work is being done, HALLELUJAH !! I'm not saying that it might be a smoke screen to get US (Florida water lovers/users) off the govt's AZZ but, time will tell, I tend to be one who observes rather than jump to unfounded conclusions. Cautiously optimistic for Florida's future !! P.S. Rep. Mast could be a huge help indeed.

B

·
0 Posts
I will add that he does mean business!!! He has given marching orders to DEP staff and he is gonna keep this issue a priority until it’s fixed or he is out of office. This is factual not read on the news or social media! Go Guvna Go!

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny how Beruff is a land developer being put in charge of wildlife conservation. Thank God DeSantis had the foresight to revoke his appointment. Desantis needs to go after John Micklos next. That guy is head of St. John's water management and is as corrupt as they get. Developers hire his company privately to do the environmental impact assessment of their projects and then go to him at SJWM for the permit. Complete POS. He was at a meeting I attended for development along the little econ in rural Seminole county. He had done the assessment for the developers and was attending in support of their project ready to hand out the permit. This guy needs to be next in the crosshairs.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I will add that he does mean business!!! He has given marching orders to DEP staff and he is gonna keep this issue a priority until it’s fixed or he is out of office. This is factual not read on the news or social media! Go Guvna Go!
We should all hope its not all for show, but I'm afraid his bestie the donald will slap him silly soon and all this will change.

B

·
0 Posts
We should all hope its not all for show, but I'm afraid his bestie the donald will slap him silly soon and all this will change.
I can only tell ya what I know at this time, and that is that the Guvna means business right now!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts